Okay guys, im pretty knew too guitar and all this. I just bought a Jackson DKMG and it will be here tommorow (1 day delivery). I am a complete beginner only knowing the major and pentatonic scales and powerchords and chords obviously. But my main concern is the licensed by Jackson tremelo. Do I have to alter it as soon as I get it? Or will it be pretty much ready to go? Will I have to tune the guitar when I get it? And if I want to change to say drop d or any other common metal tuning, is it bother? Thanks alot guys ANY advice will be apopriciated alot. Also i've heard that ernie ball strings are best for EMGs? Are string changes hard to get around?

Thanks guys.
A) its personal choice, if you dont like the sound change it, but it will be playable right out of the box
B) yes you will have to tune it, its fairly easy....
B2) Drop d is just standard tuning with the first string dropped a whole tone, peice of cake, even easier tune the first string and octave lower than the third and you are good to go.
C) ernie ball strings are solid but again, dont take what people say, i personally love d'addrio strings over ernie ball, you gotta play it before you know.
D) string changes are hard the first few but just youtube a lesson video, thats how i learnt
~Defiant~
You shouldn't have to alter it when you get it, it should be ready to go. You will likely have to tune the guitar, the factory tuning isn't always wonderful and it never survives shipping anyway. If you want to change to drop D, it will throw all the rest of the strings out of tune because the bridge will move, so you will have to retune the whole guitar.

As for string changes, you have to clip the balls off the ends of the strings and put them in the clamps in the bridge. I've never heard anything about Ernie Balls being better for EMG's, I have EMG's in my Gibson SG and Epiphone Futura and I use D'Addario strings and they're wonderful.

Any other questions?
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
-you can start play as soon as you get it but maybe you will have to tune it
-i think it's a little uncomfortable to change the tuning in that guitar
but im not sure
-ernie ball strings in my opinion are one of the best brand

thats all i can answer
hope it helped you
Quote by therudycometh
You shouldn't have to alter it when you get it, it should be ready to go. You will likely have to tune the guitar, the factory tuning isn't always wonderful and it never survives shipping anyway. If you want to change to drop D, it will throw all the rest of the strings out of tune because the bridge will move, so you will have to retune the whole guitar.

As for string changes, you have to clip the balls off the ends of the strings and put them in the clamps in the bridge. I've never heard anything about Ernie Balls being better for EMG's, I have EMG's in my Gibson SG and Epiphone Futura and I use D'Addario strings and they're wonderful.

Any other questions?

Will I have to reposition the tremelo after I tune it?
oh Mann u got a Floyd rose?
they're cool BUT I HATE THEM
its a hassle to change string and to change the tuning >.<
and if you have trouble tuning u will have a bad time with the floyd.
changing the tuning on a floating tremolo system can be quite the pain, but if its set up right, it should work great
as far as strings, use whatever floats you boat until you find some you really like, and even then dont be scared to experiment (like a wound third), however changing strings may require an adjustment of intonation, or your action
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."