So I already own a couple guitars (the main 2 that I use are my Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads and my ESP F-100M) but I've been saving up for a really nice metal guitar, probably around the $1000 range. I've come across a few that I like, but I can't seem to decide, and I was looking to see if anybody has some advice or opinions on which guitar I should choose.

These are the guitars I've been looking at (along with links for product details):

- Jackson Phil Demmel King V [$1249.99]

- Jackson SL3 Soloist [$1149.99]

- ESP LTD JH-600 [$1099.00]

- ESP LTD MH-1000 [$949.00]

- Dean Black Gold Z [$649.00]

Most of them are in the same price range and have similiar features, I just didn't know if anybody has bought on of these and loved one of them or hated one of them. I put the Dean Black Gold Z in because I love how it looks, but I've always been kind of sketchy with Dean guitars and I didn't know if it would be good for play any metal. So any ideas or helpful tips will be appreciated.
Also look at the ESP LTD M-1000. I know u got a bunch up there already but u should seriously give this a look.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I'd chose either jackson but the ltd's are really nice too. I would avoid the dean though they are suited metal but flaws are very likely.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Most guitars I've played are made out of wood.

Good luck trying to find a metal one.

Dobro maybe?

I kid, I kid
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
you CANNOT go wrong with deans, ive got a fairly low spec ML and even though its low spec you can get an absolute BEAST of a tone out of it!!!!!!!
Quote by xMetalGodx
So I already own a couple guitars (the main 2 that I use are my Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads and my ESP F-100M) but I've been saving up for a really nice metal guitar, probably around the $1000 range. I've come across a few that I like, but I can't seem to decide, and I was looking to see if anybody has some advice or opinions on which guitar I should choose.

These are the guitars I've been looking at (along with links for product details):

- Jackson Phil Demmel King V [$1249.99]

Most of them are in the same price range and have similiar features, I just didn't know if anybody has bought on of these and loved one of them or hated one of them. I put the Dean Black Gold Z in because I love how it looks, but I've always been kind of sketchy with Dean guitars and I didn't know if it would be good for play any metal. So any ideas or helpful tips will be appreciated.

Fixed

The Demmelition is seriously the best there.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
do you play in drop b?

cos thats what the demmelition comes set up in.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by thrash-it-up
you CANNOT go wrong with deans, ive got a fairly low spec ML and even though its low spec you can get an absolute BEAST of a tone out of it!!!!!!!

deans quality control recently has been crap and your guitar is likely to break within a year
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by thrash-it-up

i agree dean is the way to go for metal guitars it's kinda what they're made for.
Quote by Deanwings79
i agree dean is the way to go for metal guitars it's kinda what they're made for.

its also kinda what jackson and esp are made for
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
its also kinda what jackson and esp are made for

Theres also the fact that most deans suck.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by PCSpeaker
Fixed

The Demmelition is seriously the best there.
and most expensive...i dont think it is...EMG 85/60 puickups with alder body and floyd rose fro 1200 bucks? kinda alot, unless you need a V, then get the dean maybe... if it was me, i'd get the ESP LTD JH-600, and maybe change the pickups if you really wanted to...even the dean seems very good out of the 5

edit: scratch the dean, after i read the QC post
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Last edited by nowa90 at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by thrash-it-up

Through that MG of yours? Sorry for the assumption.

To answer the original question, I've always wanted a Soloist, so I'm going to advise that you get that. I'm not a massive fan of the Demmel V anyway, but just try them out, whichever feels and sounds best is what you want.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by alternitivebass
deans quality control recently has been crap and your guitar is likely to break within a year

Oh really thats why iv had my dean for over 2 years and works perfect?
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Quote by highwaysalmon
Most guitars I've played are made out of wood.

Good luck trying to find a metal one.

Dobro maybe?

I kid, I kid

lol
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Dimebagjeff

He said RECENTLY

L2Read
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by Dimebagjeff

omg, the QC went down in th last 6-12 months, so therefore you're 2 year old guitar was when they were better
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by PCSpeaker
He said RECENTLY

L2Read

Dammit got there b4 me.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I would go for Demmelition!Or maybe you could try to save a bit more money, sell you RR3 and then buy the RR1 model?Just a suggestion!
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
I knew I shouldn't have put the Dean in there lol
Its always a magnet for giant opinion fights

but still lots of good advice.

and I also just thought of something I should mention, I'll probably be playing drop D or C standard tunings (along with E standard). Idk if that changes any opinions.
xMetalGodx has 4 pieces of equipment:

Jackson: RR3 Pro
ESP: F-100
Dean: Edge 10a
Marshall: MG100HDFX / MG412

I vote new amp.
I don't think your amp is bad bro...People hate the MG series here on ultimate guitar even though they're perfectly fine amps...We're not all pros that require expensive all tube amps; most of us just like to jam with friends! But anyway, I think you should give the ESP EC-1000 a look because they play incredible and come with EMG's so you're good to go for metal. The Phil Demmel sig would be my pick out of the ones you've listed, though--I've only heard good things about them. Keep rockin' and good luck with your selection!
Last edited by chuckmehh at Dec 18, 2008,
I dont mind the MG, its a decent stack for the price. All the awesome quality Marshalls are wayyyy out of my price range, however, a new guitar is in my price range at the moment. I've looked at the EC series, not a big fan. I've never liked the whole Les Paul looking guitar thing, just not my style.
Yeah I know what you mean. Can't argue with that man; personal taste is what it is. The Demmel sig would be my choice then out of the list. It is one badass guitar from what I've heard...It's definitely a good looker!
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more