Alright, so I will be buying a new guitar soon, I've looked around, tested stuff out,

and have narrowed my decision down to to possible choices.

A Gibson SG Classic with P90 pickups.

Or a Fender American Standard Stratocaster.

I like both, and cannot choose between the two.

So I've decided that I'll choose based on two things that I've been unable to figure

out myself.

Which is more versatile?

Which is higher quality?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Strat is more versatile. but when buying an expensive guitar it should really come down to what you like the sound of best.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Strat is more versatile, while the SG would be better if you're playing large amounts of hard rock/metal. And the Strat is a quality instrument, while the Gibson is just about the lowest quality one you can get (although I've never tried one, so I'm not sure how good it is).
That's what I was thinking about doing. Maybe put some texas special pickups in there

later.

I just wanted to make sure that the Gibson is not higher quality or anything like that, if

they are about the same I'm gonna go Fender.
American strats are more versatile and have better QC than Gibsons under $1000, so Id go with that. I played a Gibson SG with P90s the other day in GC though, it was great too. Either one would be great, but go for the strat.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Symmetry4321
Strat

+1
more versatile than SG
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Definately the Strat
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I would pick the sg. But they are like my dream guitar, so I'm partial to them.
I actually think the SG will be more versatile, but the Fender will be a higher quality build. Overall, I'd go with go the Fender.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.