I know they say every guitar has a different sound, even from a Les Paul Standard to a Les Paul Standard sitting on the same rack in the same shop. But I am short of funds, and I don't want to spend more than about 200 pounds on an acoustic, because I would like to buy a wah, and save some cash for when I need to upgrade my amp and pups.

Anyway.

My plan is to go to London, and roam the music shops, trying out different acoustics in my price range, and if I don't find one that's a ridiculous price, I'll then go home and Thomann/Ebay it, and order one from there.

How much of a risk am I taking? How different could the sound be?

Bearing in my mind I still haven't been playing for two years, and I haven't got that much of an ear for sound - my teacher's vintage Martin acoustic that cost him something like 1500 quid doesn't sound much better than any other guitar to me.

Cheers
well, if you buy online, it might not be set up that well, but thats something you can fix

also the quality may differ, depending on the company...
I've only ever played my 1st guitar and the one I'm getting tomorrow before I actually bought them, the other 4 I bought off the internet and they sound great.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
with an electric its not that much of a risk, but with an acoustic, one knock can **** the sound completely, so the best bets gettin it from a store, or if you see one on ebay thats near enough collect it instead of getting it delivered, then you now exactly whats happening with it
Just bought a Yamaha FG700s on ebay after trying it at the store, hopefully everything arrives alright... It's being shipped in a roadrunner hybrid case, inside a box with bubblewrap and whatnot. Make sure you can send it back if you do decide to buy it online.
i learned my lesson from buying an acoustic online, i remember ordering a Takamine from musicians friend and i think during the shipping process it got banged around. the preamp was smashed in and it had body cracks.

of course this isnt me bashing MF, but mainly any type of shipping(FedEx, UPS etc) i just dont trust them when it comes to a delicate instrument.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
i learned my lesson from buying an acoustic online, i remember ordering a Takamine from musicians friend and i think during the shipping process it got banged around. the preamp was smashed in and it had body cracks.

of course this isnt me bashing MF, but mainly any type of shipping(FedEx, UPS etc) i just dont trust them when it comes to a delicate instrument.

What was it shipped in? And do you think a case helps at all? I'm starting to worry about the package arriving tomorrow...