I'm finding that i don't really like my tone at the moment, and I'm trying to work out the best way to make it more listenable.

I play metal, and I'd like to get more of a Marshally sound out of my Tiny Terror. At the moment, I can get it to sound OK from a distance but in front of the speaker it sounds extremely brassy and hash, no matter how I set the EQ.

What could help? new valves? a valve pre amp? distortion pedal?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
try nearly full gain, on a high volume, with bass and treble turned nearly up full and the mids down down down. If that doesnt do it then a distortion pedal might be in order
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I see in your sig that you've got a homemade 2x12 and a behringer eq. Behringer isn't so great, and it is possible that the 2x12 has dimensions that just don't give it the best sound. I don't know anything about your guitar, but those would be the first things I'd look into swapping. The TT should do Marshall crunch pretty well otherwise. A good OD pedal might help too.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
I see in your sig that you've got a homemade 2x12 and a behringer eq. Behringer isn't so great, and it is possible that the 2x12 has dimensions that just don't give it the best sound. I don't know anything about your guitar, but those would be the first things I'd look into swapping. The TT should do Marshall crunch pretty well otherwise. A good OD pedal might help too.

Actually, the 2x12 sounds quite nice. You only really notice the extreme brassyness right in front of the speaker, i.e. when it's mic'ed up.

I'm using the EQ like a OD pedal right now, the only problem with that is that it is quite noisy.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Would it be a good idea to swap one of the tubes in the amp for a 12AT7 and get a valve distortion pedal?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

you could try boosting mids on the eq pedal (TT only has tone knob right?) and greenbacks instead of v30s probably but i think really your not going to change the fundamental tone of the amp.

not wanting to be pessimistic but by the time you get that thing halfway close to what you want, you could have bought a different amp that would suit you better. maybe i'm wrong but i think excessive modding is going to be a dead end street.

short of a new amp maybe you could get a pedal that has a bit more of a marshall voicing to it. like box of rock or something.