Poll: Which Phaser is best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Phaser is best?
Phase 90?
15 56%
Small Stone?
11 41%
Other? (Please say what)
1 4%
Voters: 27.
With Christmas fast approaching I"m thinking of buying myself a phaser. It will be used for a lot of things, but two examples are Pink Floyd and the Foo Fighters. So UG, Phase 90 or Small Stone or something else?
Quote by Flying Couch
I approve of this thread.

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty
Best book ever, best thread ever.

Quote by batman187
I definitely approve of this.

Quote by meh!
Either one would be great, can't really think of any good competitors in that price range
I suggest you try them out.
get the phase 90. dont get the evh one because its the same except with his name and design
Quote by ampoverload
get the phase 90. dont get the evh one because its the same except with his name and design

Agreed now that I think about it
I've had the EHX Nano Small Stone and now i have the MXR Phase 90.

The EHX was just a bit naff, frankly. I just didn't like it. I prefer the Phase 90 greatly. Just get the standard Phase 90 too, i A/B'd the standard Phase 90 and the EHX version and i could tell the difference, but i didn't think it warranted the extra price.

I'm happy with my Phase 90, it's a great pedal!
Small Stone
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
phase 90. id go script logo. compare the script logo to the block ( standard) one and you will notice the difference. the standard one clips and is not nearly as smooth or warm. and the evh one is not just his name and design. it has a button which switches between script and block mode. id go with the original script though.
Small stone! Then again I'm a Jonny Greenwood fan...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I have a Russian Smallstone and it's been collecting dust over the last few months. THe 74' VIntage Reissue Phase 90 looks sweet though. I also liked the demo vids of it. If you can save for that i'd go for the Phase 90.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Is there that much of a difference between the normal Phase 90 and the Handwired 1974 Phase 90 ?
ANd what about the 1974 Reissue and Custom shop Phase 90 , whats the difference there?
Quote by Flying Couch
I approve of this thread.

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty
Best book ever, best thread ever.

Quote by batman187
I definitely approve of this.

Quote by meh!
Last edited by Lookatmegooo at Dec 24, 2008,