Page 1 of 2
if anyone throughout the USA got to check out the amazing tour ''Paganfest'' last year, (Ensiferum,Turisas,Tyr,Eluveitie) you will remeber how incredible it was. But this year once again the tour back with more kick ass folk metal!

I myself am excited and hoping they come back to Raleigh,NC this year

Discuss
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
am man, ensiferum's not in it this year
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Primordial, Eluveitie, and Blackguard kick ass. I'm not familiar with Moonsorrow, though.
I'm going to see this no matter what. I'm not going to pass up Primordial playing here in the states for anything.
Eluveitie, Moonsorrow AND Korpiklaani?? goddamn, if they don't come up to Canada I will be PISSED

and wtf, is there only 1 tour date so far?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by poopsmith666
Eluveitie, Moonsorrow AND Korpiklaani?? goddamn, if they don't come up to Canada I will be PISSED

Last time I checked, Canada isn't part of the USA. (Hint: Read Title).

please lick my balls vigorously, and include the taint and asshole, thank you.

Lots of times the tour is "US" but they make like 3 dates in Canada, and one of those is ALWAYS Toronto
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Well, I looked up last tour's dates, and it seems that you're right, and probably have a safe bet. I must, however, gracefully decline your first offer. I've heard you canucks taste funny.
yeah, last year one of the dates was at the Opera House, but Gigantour was like 2 days after, and I didn't really listen to folk as much then.

and what, don't you like maple syrup?
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

I'm not a huge fan of folk metal, but I've been wanting to go to Paganfest since I saw that it came really close by this past year. I think that the energy from the crowd and the constant chanting would make for great times.
they start dancing jigs and stuff, it's great you will always be welcome to join their mass dancing too, they're like that, crowds at Folk shows
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

As if there weren't enough reasons already for poopsmith to listen to Primordial...
I left you a decent list in the folk metal thread too btw.
1st Paganfest was awesome, though I didn't get to go.

This one...
Not so much.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
^ really, why?

^^thank you, sick
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
^ really, why?

I'm sorry, but why what?

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by dminishedthingy
Why are you not stoked for this one as well I'm guessing.

this
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by dminishedthingy
Why are you not stoked for this one as well I'm guessing.

Only band I like there is Eluveitie.

The rest are either meh or ZzzZzzZzz to me.

Quote by eggsandham2
Primordial and Moonsorrow are cool.

Might go to this for them. Primordial would get me riled up good.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Moonsorrow are AMAZING live
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Sort of relevant (power metal can be relevant)

I'm listening to an XM metal channel, and it's hilarious

This DJ said (Rhapsody [of Fire] were coming up) Christopher Lee was Sauron in the LoTR movies and was in the 70's Star Wars movies...

.../bull**** random

Quote by eggsandham2
haha what a jerkoff
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Sort of relevant (power metal can be relevant)

I'm listening to an XM metal channel, and it's hilarious

This DJ said (Rhapsody [of Fire] were coming up) Christopher Lee was Sauron in the LoTR movies and was in the 70's Star Wars movies...

.../bull**** random

AAARGHHH!
MY BRAIN!
-cries-
He sounds like a T-wat-bag as well.

If any of you use Directv check it out, at 841. It's hilarious

But...they're playing some Dragonhammer...so I'm happy.

Quote by eggsandham2
Fuckin' Primordial! I'm on it.

EDIT! STAR WARS INFORMATION! There was only one 70's Star Wars film: Star Wars. Now subtitled Episode IV: A New Hope, but not originally.

AND AWAAAY.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Dec 18, 2008,
Korpiklaani and Eluvietie are enough reasons for me to go, but Primordial and Moonsorrow sweeten the deal.
Yay for Canada! w00t! The tour's coming where I live, yey, we usually just get faggot tours.

28 Apr - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA
29 Apr - Le Medley - Montreal, QC - CANADA
30 Apr - Imperial - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
1 May - The Palladium - Worcester, Massachusetts
2 May - Crocodile Rock - Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 May - Jaxx - Springfield, Virginia
4 May - Irving Plaza - New York, New York
5 May - Peabody’s - Cleveland, Ohio
6 May - The Mad Hatter (Cincinnati) - Covington, Kentucky
7 May - Chicago Powerfest - Mokena, Illinois
8 May - Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
9 May - The Zoo - Winnipeg, MB - CANADA
10 May - The Exchange - Regina, SK - CANADA
11 May - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB - CANADA
12 May - Warehouse - Calgary, AB - CANADA
13 May - The Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC - CANADA
14 May - Studio Seven - Seattle, Washington
15 May - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, Oregon
16 May - DNA Lounge - San Francisco, California
17 May - House of Blues - Hollywood, California
18 May - TBA - TBA, California
18 May - Jumping Turtle, San Marcos California.

I just booked it for them yesterday with the venue owner.

You know, after seeing Tyr, Suidakra, and Mordium.
At a metal bar.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
damn this agitates me i missed tyr last year!

i just missed them last weekend as well!

ugh...

oh well i might go to the ATL show, i love eluveitie and moonsorrow. korpiklaani are pretty good too.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I'm going to the toronto show. My friend and I are driving 4 hours from windsor ontario. I just want to see Primordial, this is the closest they've ever come to my town. We need a place to stay the night after the show though..
Well, just got back from the Toronto date of this and HOLY HELL. What a show. I have to say, no metal fan should miss this. Every band sounded good to my ears, which is a rarity. Top to bottom these bands deliver.

It started with Swashbuckle, who I had no expectations for going in. They put on one hell of an entertaining show though, complete with blow-up stage props, great costumes, and hilarious pirate-y stage banter. The music was nothing ground breaking, but it gets your head banging, and the band seemed like they were having a blast.

Next was Blackguard, who I really think are going places. I saw them as Profugus Mortis in my home town a couple years back, and that show always stuck with me, purely for the incredible energy they had. The frontman for this band really knows how to get the crowd going. This time around they had better songs, and just as much energy as I remembered. They got a killer circle pit going, and the crowd was probably the most active with these guys then any other band (except probably Korpiklaani). With a couple big tours coming up and a record deal with Nuclear Blast, I expect to see a lot more of these guys, and I'm not complaining.

Moonsorrow was next, and they were somewhat of a low point for me, although I certainly enjoyed their set. They really didn't match the enthusiasm of the other bands at all, although their superb and epic songs made up for that mostly. These guys are a great band on record, but they are a tad boring live, or at least were in this setting.

Next, and most importantly was PRIMORDIAL. This was among the best live acts I've ever seen, I'd even go as far as to say this ranks as my favorite live band I've witnessed. This was their first time playing in Canada in their twenty year history, so it was a pretty special concert. What made this show amazing was the vocalist Nemtheanga, who delivers his thoughtful lyrics with such passion and conviction, I was totally drawn in, hanging on to every syllable. He really challenges his audience to think about what he is saying, which is something I've never seen in a concert like this before. I've been waiting to hear these songs live for a long time, and it was pretty magical, especially Coffin Ships and Heathen Tribes. These guys really inspired me, and I hope I get to see them again, and possibly get to meet them, and tell them how powerful their music is.

And last were the great Korpiklaani, who were a ton of fun. The crowd (including myself) loved these guys, as the mosh pit was full of jigging and drunken dancing. Unfortunately I am too young to drink by a mere three weeks, but I now know my new favorite party band. I got in on a bit of the fun before I had to leave early, so I got my fill of these guys, and learned what they're all about.

Again, I can't stress it enough, CHECK THIS SHOW OUT. It really is a good time, I guarantee it. I recommend familiarizing yourself with Primordial's last two amazing albums before seeing them though, it will help you get the full effect.
Quote by flying_phoenix
Well, just got back from the Toronto date of this and HOLY HELL. What a show. I have to say, no metal fan should miss this. Every band sounded good to my ears, which is a rarity. Top to bottom these bands deliver.

Again, I can't stress it enough, CHECK THIS SHOW OUT. It really is a good time, I guarantee it. I recommend familiarizing yourself with Primordial's last two amazing albums before seeing them though, it will help you get the full effect.

I was at that show. Holy **** was it good. I was the guy with the jean jacket and Iron Maiden-Killers shirt.

No scene kids either...beautiful
Page 1 of 2