this this

what do you guys think about this guitar. none of the gc has it in stock so i can't really try it out. i need a decent cheap mediciore guitar that i don't have to watch over like a hawk every time i go to practice or small gig. stuff i play mostly are metals like bfmv, a7x, to metallica and the usual. i also do jazz and progressive blues(if that exist ) in school. btw i'm also dorming starting next semester so that's another reason why i want a guitar that no one has their heart set on for(i have no idea how safe these dorms are anymore).

i welcome any other suggestions but it has to fit the follow criteria.

1. mohagany body preferred
2. must have a trem(even though i don't really use it that often its nice to have and i do use it when it comes in handy)
3. 24 frets prefer
4 strat like body or super strat whatever you wanna call it
and i think that's pretty much it.,
well thats the ibanez rg series, they are great for metal, and have a flat fretboard
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Mahogony, plus 24 frets = RG series or the new S series guitars, I dont know much about the RGs but teh only ones ive seen are quite pricey.

On the other hand the S series are reletivly cheap so they might be a better option. Check out the official Ibanez site and find one u like and then price hunt it

*note* Only a few of the new S series have 24 frets */note*
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
sorry, didnt see the link, yeah go for it, the s series are great, but it will have a cheesy plastic cover for the switch (it works fine, but im a purist)

rg is nicer imo
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
mate welcome to my office.

i personallyu have an RG2570 prestige and it is the best guitar ever. id get an rg. now a prestige is made in japan and is the most expensive but others are made in korea and china and will be more affordable. rgs also have locking tremolos which is better than that ones if ure gunna have one. the s is also good if u like the design.

personally i think ibanezes are the best. but then again i may be biased. however i have played others i have a gibson les paul. my old mans got a fender strat and an esp and i like mine the best.
but in conclusion theyre good guitars
farely metal guitars though but they can definatly pull out some cool jazz and clean and erverything inbetween
ok all of those are cool.
the first one RG 5ex1 looks great. id say for the price. it looks ****ing excellent

the others the same llok cool but if ure going for trmolo id stick to locking ones like the first one and its edge and the 2nd one
i really really prefer non locking trem. that's why i had a hardtime dealing with the jackson soloist awhile back. since i'm used to hard tail my right hand is used to resting on the trem block, same story on the strat as well.
Quote by Dithindious
Mahogony, plus 24 frets = RG series or the new S series guitars, I dont know much about the RGs but teh only ones ive seen are quite pricey.

On the other hand the S series are reletivly cheap so they might be a better option. Check out the official Ibanez site and find one u like and then price hunt it

*note* Only a few of the new S series have 24 frets */note*

join my hughes and kettner group
Quote by kckyle
i really really prefer non locking trem. that's why i had a hardtime dealing with the jackson soloist awhile back. since i'm used to hard tail my right hand is used to resting on the trem block, same story on the strat as well.

fair enough go for one of those then but think ibanez when you do my freind
Ibanez make good guitars, but I find you get more for your money with Jackson, so look into their Dinky series before you stick to Ibanez.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
SA, just get locking tuners and a nice nut if you decide to be more extreme with the bar.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?