ok, i know this has most likely been asked probably 1000 times before, but i did a quikc search and nothing came up (not enough time to spend too long searching), i have Sonar LE. I found a prettty cheap mic that my dad has, Sony i think. Anyways, I was trying to record some stuff with it though an Edirol UA25, and the volume that the mic picks up is REALLY low. I'm not too expirenced with recording expecially with mics. So any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Again sorry if there been many similar threads to this

Jon
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Get an SM57 / SM58, they're the ones that're most commonly used for all round recording and vocals, from my experience.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Im not 100% certain on the equipment your using, however if yoiur useing the mic (XLR) to patch (1/4 inch) cable it tends to cut down on sound try getting a mic to mic (XLR to XLR) and it will give you the boost you need, if not try your input settings on your comeputer somtines its set to minimal setting to aviod hurting your speakers.
thanks
Its a pretty rubish mic tbh, it has a 1/8" jack 'attached' to it if you get what I mean.
Also, any cheaper alternatives to the SM57/8's?? It doesn't have to be professional quality or anything, just one with decent quality
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Last edited by jon93971 at Dec 18, 2008,
The UA-25 has mike preamps...get an XLR cable (monoprice's the best price/performance wise) and a Behringer XM8500 (solid microphone, a bit dark but good). That should be ~$30.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101