I've been considering upgrading the pickups in my squier strat but I don't know too much about my choices. I don't want to modify the pickguard so they need to be single coil but I'd like for them to be hum canceling. I play all kinds of stuff, but mostly dream theater and satriani so they need to be fairly versatile. I have a peavey, mini collosal amp, if that matters at all

I doubt I'm gonna do this any time soon (I'm a little on the broke side) but I'd like to know what you guys think I should do. Also, I've always been a fan of dimarzios, and I'd be a lot more comfortable with them then anything else.
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
you can get both humbucker sized SC's and stacked SC's, both humcancelling. Although for the best results, get a pickguard of guitar fetish and buy some new awesome pickups. Well know brands like Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan and GFS are your best bet. Im no pickup expert so we'll have to wait for one of them

Also have you tried dimarzios pickup picker?