i bought the squier stop dreaming start playing starter pack about a year ago and im looking to buy a shcecter from a friend and wanting to sell my squier strat. its a sunburst se special strat with three single coil pickups, a 5 way selector switch, three tuning knobs, a rosewood fretboard, and a tremolo arm. it has maybe two dents that are very small and unnoticable. Could anyone tell me how much they think the guitar itself is worth? the original price for the guitar, amp, gig bag, stand, etc was $200 but im only planning on selling the guitar...
Last edited by stanman64 at Dec 18, 2008,
I'm not sure, but I've seen a Squire Fat Strat go for £189 new, so maybe about £100...

I take it by "three tuning knobs" you mean the tone/volume controls?
Oops, you're working in dollars...

That would mean the one i saw went for about $284
So if you got £100 for it would work out at about $150...so I'd expect it to be worth a bit less then.

Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful
you're in the same situation as me man, it's not a bad guitar but nobody will really want it. I'd sell it for maybe $85?
i'm trying to sell mine and that's the best offer i've had.
on craigslist they usually go for somewhere just under 100$
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
I'd say about £80. £100 if it was in good condition. You might actually be better off selling each item individually rather than a pack. Usually when you buy bundles you're paying less for each item, than if you were to buy each one individually.

Check ebay, amazon and craigslist for price comparisons.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
100 bucks at the most
my guitars:
~Epiphone: Zakk wylde- custom bullseye
~Dean cadillac select
~JACKSON: JS30-RR-RANDY RHOADS
~epiphone: Les Paul Special-II
~crestwood: acoustic electric
~rogue: acoustic guitar
~Kay: electric Guitar strat body style (my 1st guitar)
Yeah about 100 is the best your gonna get I sold my starter guitar for like $60 and I had like 5 people that wanted it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
or you could pimp it and you'd have two guitars. that's infinitely more awesome ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
For the money you would get out of it might as well just keep it. You could only sale it for $75 - $100.
I'm looking on selling my Squier SE-100 for around $100 AUD (1AUD = 68 US cents) but I doubt if I could get that much. Probably around 80 AUD from a 2nd hand shop. Maybe try use it as a trade-in on a new guitar or amp?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.