I just got my first electric today. I set up the amp and then tuned the guitar. Then I plugged the guitar into the amp and started testing the different controls. While doing so for a minute or two, I had to answer a phone call. Then when I started playing the guitar again, there was no output from the amp. To make sure the problem wasn't with the amp, I then tried tuning the guitar again, but the tuner didn't pick anything up from the guitar.

So basically my guitar isn't giving me any output. Can anyone please help?

The guitar I have is a Epiphone Les Paul Special II Left-Handed.
The amp is a Crate FlexWave Series FW15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
did you turn the volume knob up on the guitar? check the cables? does the amp turn on?
is it plugged in? lol.

perhaps one of your valves have blown (hard to do that)

I dont know **** about amps lol
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
if the tuner also didn't pick up any signal it can be one of three things:

Volume pot shot/turned down
Output jack got disconnected inside of the guitar
the cable you're using is busted
I'm betting its your cable. I HIGHLY doubt hes stupid enough to not realize his volume is down.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
I'm betting its your cable. I HIGHLY doubt hes stupid enough to not realize his volume is down.

Yeah, I just tried a different cable that I happened to buy as well, and now everything is working. The problem is that the cable is only 3 feet long.

So I've had the guitar for officially four hours now, and the cable that came with it is already screwed up. Is this common?
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

Quote by maninthebox24
Yeah, I just tried a different cable that I happened to buy as well, and now everything is working. The problem is that the cable is only 3 feet long.

So I've had the guitar for officially four hours now, and the cable that came with it is already screwed up. Is this common?

Most often when you buy an amp-guitar package they give you a really ****ty cable. Or basically any two for one deal.

Not saying you have to go out and buy expensive cables, but no-name cables often just aren't reliable.
Quote by Revhain
Most often when you buy an amp-guitar package they give you a really ****ty cable. Or basically any two for one deal.

Not saying you have to go out and buy expensive cables, but no-name cables often just aren't reliable.

It wasn't a two for one deal, but I see what you're saying. When I came home, my parents had already unpackaged everything, and the cable was in a bag with a screwdriver, so I think it came with the guitar.
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

myeah I had the same situation with my first setup : ) anyway, problem sorted!

by the way, excellent taste in music
Yeah my friends starter guitar-amp packages all do the same thing.
For one of my friends the cable worked when end A was in the guitar and B was in the amp,but switch it so end B was in the guitar and end A was in the amp and it didn't work
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.