Page 1 of 2
So my long search has finally ended. I was looking for a guitar with a Strat-like feel, but I really wanted two humbuckers and a mahogany body. I went to one of my local shops (I'm lucky to have couple good shops near me) to try out a PRS SE Custom (which I didn't like much at all) and then I saw this:

I've always had a thing for the Tele style but I don't like the twang, so my jaw dropped when I saw this beast. Naturally after playing it for a good 30min I had them hold it for me for two days. That was Tuesday- today and I went back, played it once more, checked the intonation, and bagged it for $599 out the door. Not much less than list price I know, but this thing is already a killer deal.

Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Made in Korea
(Gorgeous) Flamed maple top
Mahogany body
Set mahogany neck (25 1/2" scale)
Graphite Nut
Bound Rosewood fretboard w/ Abalone dot inlays, 22 frets, 15-3/4" radius
2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers ('59 in the neck, Pearly Gates in the bridge)
Coil-tap on the tone pot
Hardtail bridge w/ String-thru body

I couldn't believe this thing was made in Korea, the craftmanship is immaculate. The finish is flawless, the flamed maple top is GORGEOUS imo, the binding is great all around, and so far I haven't been able to find any flaws in the fretwork at all, no dead spots and the intonation is pretty dead on everywhere (G&D strings need a little adjusting). There is a nice gloss finish over everything, which I usually don't like for the neck, but this neck is blazing fast. The action is great, no buzz; I might be able to get it a bit lower even. The sustain is actually really good even though the body is thin as hell (it feels more like a strat than a tele), probably due to the hardtail/string-thru bridge (and the set-neck if you believe such things). The saddles in the bridge look American to me and it comes stock with a graphite nut. The tone pot is a push/pull that coil taps both pups for some pretty convincing single coil tones. The SD pups sound great, perfect for the styles of music I play. I especially like the Pearly Gates, it's a PAF style but very warm and has just the right amount of output IMO. Also having the 22nd fret means a ton to me, it's something that has always bugged me with the Mexican Fenders; you can get an $800 Classic Player's Strat (great guitar BTW) and still not have that elusive 22nd fret. The only upgrade I'd even consider for this axe is some locking tuners and roller string trees but I'm going to see how stable the tuning is without them first.

Honestly I didn't know an axe like this existed for $600, but this one is a keeper for sure. Great for anyone looking for the best of both worlds but like me doesn't have the dough for an American PRS.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 18, 2008,
Congrats dude!!! Nice axe!!! The guitar player for Anberlin plays one of those and a Les Paul.
joshuaestock.com
Okay i'm jealous!
Looks very similar (colour wise) to my Les Paul, i'd like to play one now!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That's the best looking tele I've ever seen before! Congrats!
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
well, I'm sporting a yule log now,
cool ass guitar man, never seen one like that before
looks amazing
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
B-e-a-u-tiful O_O

That is one of the best looking Tele's I've ever seen, glad you found the perfect gutiar!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
It almost looks as if some one custom made that.

thats what I thought
looks amazing
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Oh my God! *Fap fap fap*.

Seriously man, that guitar is awesome. The set neck, Seymour Duncans, everything is ace!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
As soon as I saw the first picture, I scrolled down to find the name and immediately started searching for it online. I'm so jealous haha.
Congrats though.
This is our last chance.
Pure win there my friend, great guitar. Congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Look out Schecter! With that set neck, finish, and Seymour Duncan setup there's gonna be some competition around here for best bang for the buck.
Quote by danohat
I can't stop thinking about it. Must I buy one?

I doubt you'd regret it. Before I bought it I did a lot of research and couldn't find one all out bad review (maybe one thing on the guitar didn't suit their personal pref.). Everyone seemed to comment on the build quality.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
I bet we see these things EVERYWHERE from now on. You had to show me the blonde one too. I already own a Telecaster but have always wanted a blonde one.
Quote by danohat
I bet we see these things EVERYWHERE from now on. You had to show me the blonde one too. I already own a Telecaster but have always wanted a blonde one.

Heh, I think Black Cherryburst would look AMAZING in person. But I agree, the amber is the finish for me.
Does it feel like a Telecaster. How is it weighted? That neck has to feel different than a Tele.
Soundclips??
I've been looking at these for a while, don't think I've any chance of trying one though. Congrats on an awesome guitar.
Quote by danohat
Does it feel like a Telecaster. How is it weighted? That neck has to feel different than a Tele.

To me it feels very similar to a Strat with its thin body and because of the way the back is contoured like a Strat. Weight distribution feels about the same as a strat as well, maybe a bit heavier overall due to the mahogany but its pretty close. There might be more weight in the neck than a strat but it's not neck heavy, it has a very balanced feel. The neck is about the same width of my strat, but its thinner, more of a D than a C. I want to say it's more like a Ibanez neck than a strat neck but that just doesn't seem right because I'm not a huge fan of Ibanez necks (at least the Wizard) and I love this one. Maybe it's not as wide? Also take note that its almost a 16" radius, so its much flatter than the Strat standard radius at 9.5" and Les Pauls at 10". It would seem to make for an uncomfortable neck, but to me its not at all- its just easier to bend on IMO and playing chords close to the nut (which is where a lot of people prefer a rounder radius) is perfectly comfortable to me and I think its because the neck is so thin. I LOVE how playing barre chords feels on this neck, they seem to ring out with barely any effort. IMO compound radius necks (necks that start at 9.5-10 close to the nut and gradually flatten to something more like 12-15") like the Warmoth Pro necks or the neck on the JS series Ibanez guitars are the best, but hey you can't ask for everything and I really like this neck. Try it if you can! Hope that gives you some idea of what it's like lol, I feel like I'm just rambling now.

EDIT: It also has jumbo frets, which I didn't think I'd like, but they don't bother me at all. It makes notes ring out with a lighter touch, and pull-offs/tapping (not that I'm any good at tapping) seem to ring out more for me with jumbos. They don't seem to have any ill effects on my playing, although it may be possible to sharp a note with too heavy of a touch (very heavy), but it's not like they feel scalloped.

Quote by aaronni
Soundclips??
I've been looking at these for a while, don't think I've any chance of trying one though. Congrats on an awesome guitar.

I'll try to get some up tomorrow, but you'll have to deal with my n00b playing. I don't deserve this guitar . But I'll do my best!
The only way I would say that you don't deserve that guitar is if you are a rapist, pedo, or like to play Avril Lavigne songs.
Quote by danohat
The only way I would say that you don't deserve that guitar is if you are a rapist, pedo, or like to play Avril Lavigne songs.

Thankfully I am none of those things.

Anyways, all I have for recording equipment is a USB Rockband Mic, which may have sufficed just for recording something catchy, but I just tried recording some classic rock stuff and it clips and doesnt capture the dynamics of the Duncans at all. I'll try to figure something else out that sounds halfway decent. Anyone know any cheap recording setups that sounds ok? And by cheap I mean cheap, I'm broke after buying this baby.
Very nice! I wasn't aware that they made a set neck HH tele for that price or at all actually.

EDIT: Just did some research on MF.There's this model then another one with a set neck and HH config. with a spalted maple top.Fender needs to do things like this more often,I have to play one now.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 18, 2008,
is that a tele or a tele-shaped LP?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
is that a tele or a tele-shaped LP?

It's a tele shape with a carved top and a rear-rout I guess. The body isn't as thick as the first pic makes it out to be, the 2nd pic gives you a better idea.
WHAT? Wheres the damn Floyd? pfffff BS!!

Naa, seriously great looking axe, beautiful finish on it and headstock. Thats a great deal for $600
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
that's ****ing awesome
"SO GLAD TO BE HERE I COULD JUMP OFF EVERY BRIDGE
BUT EVERYBODY'S GOT A ROPE AROUND ONE OF MY LIMBS
THEY'RE TRYIN' TO GET THEIR PIECE THEY KEEP ON TEARING ME APART
THEY WANNA GET INSIDE SO THEY CAN KICK AROUND MY HEART
"
thats awesome. I love the finish on the headstock.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Frosted Flakes
Hands down sexiest tele i've ever seen. Never seen one like it. Grats

Same here

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
It looks nice but we can't tell quality from pictures. I hope its good to you.
Page 1 of 2