omfg.... i think i just lost like 40 points off my iq reading these responses

first off TS, do you know anything about keys? is what you're playing actually a B minor or just a B5?
@rockinrider55

Not true.. You could have a progression like; Em-D-C-B, which would be in Em/E harmonic minor.
Harmonic Minor is nothing more than a scale. If a song was based off of E Dorian, it would still be a minor key. Same with E Phrygian. I'm pretty sure that it's correct to just call it E minor, and not "E Dorian." One quick look at the chords in a song will often reveal specifically what scales are being used where, whether they're the harmonic minor scale, or a mode.

To the thread starter, it's possible that most of these songs are in the same key. B is not necessarily always a minor chord, though. Only in the songs that you've learned. And remember, if there is no third, it's not actually minor or major.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Was the TS posing the question in Haiku form or something? I'm not really sure what the question is either, I'm confused
Its always in B minor cuz youre looking at all the songs which use the G or D major scales. which is 90% of pop/rock music.
Go see. all the songs you learnt either started from G major or D major.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Quote by szekelymihai
man, youre dumb.some songs it a minor son songs its a major.you think B major is rare?try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords

Oh the irony...
Quote by one vision
wat.

Try the key of E or E minor. It'll most likely be a major chord.

in E minor the B would be minor aswell
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
in E minor the B would be minor aswell

Not very likely.
B major is rare is a lot of popular music beacause most popular music is written in simple keys with only a few sharps/flats. Most pop music is, therefore, in keys like C major (especially common), G major, F major, D major and maybe A major (and all their relative majors).

The B major chord has a D# in it which means that the simplest key it will be in is E major (it also might appear in E minor, but not as consistently) which has four sharps.

However, B major does exist, and is often used in classical music or music with more complex keys.
And then there are the bands who play songs in E, which most hard rock acts do (even if it isn't particularly common for them). E is a very easy key to write in, and a lot of blues based and heavy metal acts really like it. Blues players like all of the open strings, and metal players are attracted to it (if they play in standard) because of the bassy tones in that key (though now it seems more like D and C minor are being employed much more often).
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by szekelymihai
man, youre dumb.some songs it a minor son songs its a major.you think B major is rare?try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Don't call someone dumb because they have a question.

Chords don't belong to genres. Oh, and if he's so dumb, why don't you know basic chords? Be nice in MT.

TS, they're probably mostly B minor because that would mean less sharps in the key. With less sharps, it's usually considered easier to play. (Hell, I think it is)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
so in short, yes, it is always B minor
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10