http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RALLY-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-A-STUNNER-FREE-EPIPHONE-STRAP_W0QQitemZ190273411397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item190273411397&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Hey, a friend of mine was looking at this guitar and asked me if I thought it would be any good. Personally, I think it's too good to be true. A cheap guitar that rivals the sound of a Gibson? I don't think so. But I'd like a second opinion. Has anyone had an experience with a Rally guitar?

Thanks for any help.
That one is the model down from the one I have. Or well, mine's built in the same way as that, mine just got an extra special finish and so on.

I'll tell you right off the bat - no, it can't compete with the sound of a Gibson. The stock pickups are awful, I changed the ones in mine and even then it can't compare with my Gibson.

That said, the neck is very comfortable (it seems to be almost exactly the same as a Gibson 60's neck), there are no obvious faults with it... it's easily as good as the equivilent Epiphone LP Custom, but costs much less obviously.

The only problem is Rally use crappy electronics basically, and the rear control cavity is too small to replace the crappy minipots they put in with proper pots. So if you're looking to get a cheap LP and mod it up better, the Rally isn't for you, it will take too much work. If you just want a decent LP though without breaking the bank then I'd highly recommend it. I'd stick it up there with Vintage and Epiphone as 'the' Les Pauls to go for.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.