WHat is the differance in terms of specs/materials between these two runs? Makes no sense to make two different model lines if they are both in the same low-end bracket. Can someone enlighten me?
theres no such thing as a plain ole squier
affinity is the series(like bullet series etc)
squier affinitys are made by squier
and yes it does make sense to make to different model lines in the same "low end" bracket
how about fender only makes one guitar per price range
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
In America, the Squier Affinities have solid alder bodies. Outside of America, they have agathis bodies.

Squier Standards always have agathis bodies.

The other differences are:
- The Squier Affinity has 21 frets, the Squier Standard has 22 frets.
- The Affinity has ceramic bar single coil pickups while the Squier Standard has Alnico V pole piece magnet pickups.
- The Squier Standard has fancier pickguards.
- The nut width of the Standard is slightly wider (42mm) than the Affinity (40.9mm)

Basically the Standard is better than the Affinity in every single way, except in America the Affinity has a better alder body while the Standard suffers the usual agathis body.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by stratsrule1990
theres no such thing as a plain ole squier
affinity is the series(like bullet series etc)
squier affinitys are made by squier
and yes it does make sense to make to different model lines in the same "low end" bracket
how about fender only makes one guitar per price range

They do have the Squier standard series. The affinity is the lowest quality that fender puts out. It goes(IMHO) Bullet, Affinity, Standard, CV, VM, and standard fender. You might want to look into used Fenders, or VM or CV Squier guitars, because the folks at Squier are stepping up their game and is well worth the price.
i have an affinity and they are well better than the bullet as they feel boring and dull and the affininity is miles
Quote by ccam555
They do have the Squier standard series. The affinity is the lowest quality that fender puts out. It goes(IMHO) Bullet, Affinity, Standard, CV, VM, and standard fender. You might want to look into used Fenders, or VM or CV Squier guitars, because the folks at Squier are stepping up their game and is well worth the price.

The Classic Vibe series teles blow the Vm's (and all other squiers + most MIM teles) away, don't know about the strats though.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Argh no, don't touch the VM's! I have a VM Strat and it's awful. I'd never recommend one to anyone.

As far as one type being above another, the Classic Vibe series are definitely far better than the Vintage Modified series, at least from what I've played.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
When it comes to Squiers it's: Standard>Affinity>Bullet

Both in Price and Quality
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk