Well, I am a self-taught guitarist casually for about 4 years, and now I want to learn to shred and sweep etc, but a flaw I made was that I never ever used my pinky for picking and mild soloing, I always moved up my index and ring finger and used them on all four frets of where I was playing.

Now I try to do stuff with my pinky but it is a bit behind my other fingers, I find it hard to stringbend and vibrato and sometimes just placing it correctly.

What would you recommend for helping my pinky get back up to scratch with my others?

Thanks,

Alex.

(Be back later)
i im self taught to!
for pinky exercises i put my ring finger on 12 and trill the 15th
ex fret 12-15-12-15-12-15-12
finger ring pinky ring pinky etc
do it on various strings then try different spreads(12-14, 12-13, 12-16 if yer a crazy)
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
put your index finger on first fret low E string, and pinky on 4th fret low E string, hammer on and pull off twice, then next string, same thing, then the next string, then after six strings move up a fret, and so on until the end of the fretboard or just 12th fret.
ou can get a book that will have stuff like that at any music store or just use you-tube.
Quote by stratsrule1990
i im self taught to!
for pinky exercises i put my ring finger on 12 and trill the 15th
ex fret 12-15-12-15-12-15-12
finger ring pinky ring pinky etc
do it on various strings then try different spreads(12-14, 12-13, 12-16 if yer a crazy)

12-16 is a small stretch, especially index to pinky.

Try putting your index finger on the 5th fret of the high E string and doing a set of hammer ons/pull offs with your pinky on the 8th fret of the high E, rinse and repeat.