Okay, so my friend was kicking around in his church and he found something- a Marshall fullstack and a Marshall halfstack!

Anyways, all I know is that they supposedly aren't MGs. He says that the head on the fullstack will power up, but no sound comes out. He may just not be waiting for the tubes to warm up, but I don't know. What else could it be? He said he had it hooked up to the cab. I'm going to look at it in the next week or so, so I'll know more then. I'll see if worth fixing.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
There valves then? Tubes dont take long to warm up, its likely they've blown. The glass will be black if so
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Are they actually full valve amps. If so, yeah, check them to see if they're blown, and if they're not/it still doesn't work after changing them, go get it checked out.
And did the church give them to him/sell them to him or something?

Edit: If they're full valve, is he switching them on properly... Stupid question, but is he switching on the standby, leaving it for a few mins, then switching on power?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Dec 18, 2008,
Wow, it could be a vast number of things obviously but it's worth checking into for sure. Post some pics if you can at some point. When I think "praise band" I just don't picture marshall stacks, too funny. Try to grab serial numbers etc so we can see what approx age the stuff is.
This could be quite the find. Now I'm really excited. I'd guess the tubes are blown. It may potentially need a cap job too.
Oh, man you guys have me excited. If it's some thing minor and I can get it for cheap I'm going to hug every preacher and praise band member I ever see (no homo.)

I will personally slap the guy if I show up and it's an MG or AVT. He said it was on 1960 cabs, though, so I doubt it.

EDIT: Damn Felix, is this how you feel all the time when you find vintage Gibbys, lap steels and Fender amps in your closet? I'm almost shaking.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Last edited by classicrocker01 at Dec 18, 2008,

Yes, it is.

The gibson not so much because i had no idea what I meant when I first started using it. The lap steel, yes, and when I found the bandmaster I almost **** myself
Even if it is an MG or AVT I still want a 1960. Hell, I'll even take it if it's an old Valvestate. If I had my license I would drive over there NOW!!

EDIT: BTW, Felix, I know you were thinking about the V-series cab, it's pretty nice. I really digged it when I played it.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Last edited by classicrocker01 at Dec 18, 2008,
Okay, update.

I pumped my friend for a better description of the heads. They're JCMs. The working halfstack is a JCM 2000, All I know about the other head is it's a JCM, not sure what model. I asked him to get a hold of whoever is in charge of the praise band to talk about selling it. Apparently none of them know much about amps, so I'll just act like it might be fixable and it will probably be expensive and I might get a steal.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

I would say something along the lines of "Oh, they're not really that good. I'm not even sure if they can be fixed. I just think it would be a fun little project."