I thought it was my guitars or string gauge, but I notice after about three weeks, even when in tune, all my DR strings lately get really sloppy feeling. I know a string stretches out, but holy hell this is stupid. I've noticed this through 7 or 8 odd packs (ie about 2-3 months). Anyone else picked up on this... it's annoyed to where I'm just going to go back to my old reliables, Ernie Ball Nickel Plated...
i like ernie balls, but they're the opposite, after about three weeks the strings get stiffer and harder to bend. Well, on 10-52's on a 25.5 scale TOM anyway.

Can't speak for the DR's, but the D'Addario strings that were on both my Schecters from new were utter garbage, sounded like crap and I wouldn't use them again.
Quote by Ibanezshred333
You probably just have a small searchbar.

You probably just have a small penis and to compensate for it go around getting first post and making stupid douchey comments.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Ibanezshred333
You probably just have a small searchbar.

And you probably just have a small brain.

No **** a string stretches out and wears as it gets older, but I've never owned strings that get sloppy when they get a bit old. They feel like they are more than a step down or something. New set fixes it, then they start to go to slop. I first thought it was the nut on my Jackson, which solved one issue but this one remains. Happens to a lesser extent on my Charvel too, but they have two totally different bridge, nut, and neck configurations.

If it was a neck issue, it wouldn't happen on new guitars, as the strings get older. It would also happen all the time with every brand. It also is not happening on my Charvel which has strings as old as the Jackson's, but are Ernie Ball.
Certain sets of DR's you have to crimp the string ends when you first put them on. This is especially true with a Floyd Rose-styled system.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I assume you mean crimp at the tuner (which I do)? Or in the case of FRs, crimp before you load it into the saddles? I 'spose it is possible if not crimped right they slowly slip at the tuner.
Hence why I said the string ends
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]