yeah get the peavey.

people will say the line 6 sounds digital.
I personally just don't like them, they sound alright to me but not my cup of tea.
Yea ive heard the whole digital thing, but i wasnt sure since the valve 212 isnt purely a modeling amp
ok one more question, what should i go for between the Peavey XXL, XXX 212 combo, or 5150 combo for playing metal
For playing metal and metal only? The 5150, but if you ever need your amp to do anything else get the XXX. I wouldn't get the XXL out of those three, but they ARE nice amps regardless.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by SchecterGOW123
ok one more question, what should i go for between the Peavey XXL, XXX 212 combo, or 5150 combo for playing metal

your gonna need to be more specific. the 5150 is a one trick pony, it does hardcore metal amazingly but it cant get decent cleans at all. the XXX is a bit "thrashier" sounding to me, and has much more versatility.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by SchecterGOW123

Like the other guy said, straight up metal - 5150. If you like some versatility, and well sounding versatility - XXX, the XXL is like a last resort outta' those three.
The only bad Line 6 stuff is the Spider series (the bad SS amps)

Their tube amps and fx are pretty good actually, off the bandwagon signedinblood por favor

Try the amps side by side, and try the 5150 and maybe throw in a Bugera? Do A/B tests
I still don't like that lack of flexibility of modelers, even if they are tube... I'd stay away from the line 6...

And aren't 5150 amps discontinued? i thought they were replaced by 6105... either way, i played a 6105 and it was focking br000000t444lllll... Honestly, if you set it up right you can get a decent clean... Rhythm channel, crunch switch in, gain 1 or 0, bass high, mids and highs to taste... a little reverb and some chorus maybe, and you've got perfectly fine cleans right there.

As for the XXX and XXL, i have no idea. But i'm telling you the 6105 / 5150 is brutal...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
The Spider Valve is something you have to see for yourself. I have never tried one but there are people who DO like it. I have the XXX, and it is SICK. Nice cleans, crunch, and the ultra channel is ****ing brutal but gets muddy when i put the gain over 1 o clock, but you don't need the gain at 1 o clock on that amp. I do just fine at 10 o'clock. Also, nice reverb. I have never tried the 5150/6505/6505+, but if you want good cleans, forget it. If all you wanna do is teh brootalz, that might be fine. XXL, no clue.
Quote by DaddyBarbs
I still don't like that lack of flexibility of modelers, even if they are tube... I'd stay away from the line 6...

And aren't 5150 amps discontinued? i thought they were replaced by 6105... either way, i played a 6105 and it was focking br000000t444lllll... Honestly, if you set it up right you can get a decent clean... Rhythm channel, crunch switch in, gain 1 or 0, bass high, mids and highs to taste... a little reverb and some chorus maybe, and you've got perfectly fine cleans right there.

As for the XXX and XXL, i have no idea. But i'm telling you the 6105 / 5150 is brutal...

there are many things wrong with this post. first of all, modelers are the most flexible type of amps. line 6's arent bad in general. also, the 5150 name doesnt belong to peavey anymore, it belongs to EVH's company. peavey replaced it with the 6505, which is the exact same thing.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I actually really liked the Spider Valve the last time I tried it. Lots of cool sounds in it and it was (imo) better than some higher end tube amps I was playing that day.

That being said, if you only play metal, then there's better amps out there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com