I have Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve amp with Celestion Vintage 30 8 Ohm Speaker.
My question is, if I was to buy an amp head such as Orange Rocker 30, could I use my YCV40 as a cab? (Since I already have an amp and I don't feel like cashing out to buy a cab for $600.)

If yes, how would my sound quality differ from hooking the amp head to for example a Marshall Cabinet? (Would it be worth to cash out $600 to buy a separate cabinet?)

Thanks.
I think you can use it as a head, but a speaker im not so sure
Smart Pothead and Proud
on my combo you can disconnect the speaker from the "head" (not sure what it's called on a combo) but I"m not sure if you could hook a regular head in its place.

i'm too scared to try. lol
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
on my combo you can disconnect the speaker from the "head" (not sure what it's called on a combo) but I"m not sure if you could hook a regular head in its place.

i'm too scared to try. lol

Yeah same here, there is a jack input thingy that I can disconnect from the head/tubes, but I've never owned an amp head/cab before so I don't know if this jack can fit into an amp head
as long as the ohm's match with the head and the V30, you can solder on a 1/4 in jack to the speaker cables
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
If you have to use a speaker cable to connect the head part of the combo to the cab part of the combo then yes you can use it as a cab as long as the ohms match up - plug the output on the Orange head into the speaker jack on your combo.

If not, disconnect the speaker from the amp and wire it to a jack and connect your head to that jack.
Not without some rewiring.

If you have FX loops in each of your amps, you could just run the FX loop out of the new head into the FX loop in of the combo. that would work, but I've heard that it's not wise to turn on a head without it being plugged into a cab, so I wouldn't suggest it. Just save up some more and get a semi-decent cab.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it

you can do it. but some amps have a plug you can take off. set to go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011