Quote by Study
As for the theory that head banging too much might make you unconscious, the researchers state that this probably can't happen, unless a person is banging their head against a stage

Yes, we smash our heads against large solid objects

Edit: That wasn't even the stupidest thing in the article
Last edited by Psychopathology at Dec 18, 2008,
To protect against these injuries, the researchers note that bands could play less ‘beat-oriented’ songs and instead play more mellow music. They also suggest that some record labels place anti-head banging warnings on the packaging .

... really?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
“To minimise the risk of head and neck injury, headbangers should decrease their range of head and neck motion, headbang to slower tempo songs by replacing heavy metal with adult oriented rock, only headbang to every second beat, or use personal protective equipment,” said Professor McIntosh.

Professor Macintosh? like the computer, if thats the case then i dont trust him

edit: wonder what they suggest for moshing...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
hahaha. I'm gonna put that on my band's first CD.

Warning: Music may cause excessive headbanging. Resist temptation to headbang furiously, it may cause serious injury.
wait, wasnt this the thread in the pit where we were arguing with all those pitmonkeys?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
By head banging at more than a 75 degree angle, headaches and dizziness may soon follow.

That's only if you haven't done it enough!

I remember when I first started headbanging, doing it for a minute and then stopping because my neck hurt

My neck is a lot thicker than it used to be
Haha then I guess they should also put a disclaimer warning about the possible side effect of looking like George Fisher.
Wow I hate when people who know nothing about metal and try talking about it
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
dear god, that was moronic. Headbanging to 'adult oriented rock?' pr0n? metal bands play mellower songs? these guys really don't get the point, do they?
"Researchers attended various rock and roll concerts... they discovered that the up and down head banging style was most popular".

"They average head banging song has a tempo of 146bpm".

"The researchers note that bands could play less beat orientated music".

“To minimise the risk of head and neck injury, headbangers should decrease their range of head and neck motion, headbang to slower tempo songs by replacing heavy metal with adult oriented rock, only headbang to every second beat, or use personal protective equipment.”

Oh, do fuck off.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
are there any pics of this 'personal protective equipment'?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
are there any pics of this 'personal protective equipment'?

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."