i have that switch as the killswitch on my guitar, same one.. you might want to use the "soft touch" or "soft feel" one that looks exactly the same as i find mine hard to press down (relatively)

why would you put it in a box? you either drill your pick guard or take out a tone knob and put it through the hole

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062545

that's what i recommend.. i'm gonna replace mine with that
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I imagine he means make it into a pedal, which means kill switch control without having to use your hands.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
if you want a pedal to switch your guitar off, like just to turn it off and walk away you do NOT want that switch you have.. you do not want a momentary switch... and if you DO want the momentary switch in the pedal, your kinda dumb because your foot doesn't have very precise rhythm and stuff.. plus, if it's a pedal you have to wire your guitar signal through it somehow...

and no, it wont fit in that.. those switches are kinda tall, i had to drill my guitar a bit to fit it... it's like and inch or 2 tall..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
^ I think drummers would disagree with the above statement about feet.

plus all pedals work by wiring the guitar signal through it, why should a kill switch pedal be any harder to make?

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
^ I think drummers would disagree with the above statement about feet.

If you play the guitar standing (like most guitarists), then your feet will not be as precise as Mike Portnoy's feet anyways.

I haven't seen many pyrotechnics with the bass drum from standing drummers.

To each his own, but I'd say that if you can't tap the killswitch at machine-gun speeds with your feet, you'd better have the thing on the guitar.

In the end, we guitarists have much better trained fingers than feet.

Though, I see the advantage of not having it in your guitar, especially if you're going to use it in 2-4 pieces of a 30 song show.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
killswitches are tiny, especially the one you picked out, thats what i have in my guitar. step on that thing and it breaks into a million pieces... also, a kickdrum pedal is huge, i play drums... stepping on a tiny switch like that would be too hard..

why aren't you just putting it in your guitar?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Warpo
If you play the guitar standing (like most guitarists), then your feet will not be as precise as Mike Portnoy's feet anyways.
When I'm at work I tap out rhythms with my feet standing while waiting for slow ass customers to bring their stuff to the till etc, you get use to it, certainly not machine gun speed, although I'm sure it can be done.

Quote by Warpo
I haven't seen many pyrotechnics with the bass drum from standing drummers.
Then you certainly havent met this guy

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
When I'm at work I tap out rhythms with my feet standing while waiting for slow ass customers to bring their stuff to the till etc, you get use to it, certainly not machine gun speed, although I'm sure it can be done.

Well, yeah... kinda defeats the point of the killswitch not doing it fast, though.

I also do that... it annoys the hell of anyone I'm dealing with! Perfect deterrent!

Quote by Absent Mind
Then you certainly havent met this guy

LOLZ...

Hey, judging by your user's title, you must have the same work rotation that I do!
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
FightinIrishPJ: Maybe he doesn't want one in a guitar... And it will not (!) smash into a million pieces, you dont have to jump off your full stack and land on it to push it down...

Put it in a pedal if you want, although if you want to use that thing as a pedal enclosure, it wont work.
Quote by Invader Jim
KS pedals are piss-easy to make. All you need is the switch and 2 jacks. I use mine to kill the hum and buzz when switching guitars. **** Buckethead.

Thank you Jim for clearing that up I saw your killswitch picture and was like What the Fudge is jim being hipocritical?

IF only there was a major thread devoted to killswitches....Oh wait there is. Why dosn't anyone use the search bar anymore?
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.