okay. so today at my school, we had a gun threat. Which made our school go into a "hard lockdown" meaning each class has to shut off the lights and sit in the back of the room away from any windows. i was talking to my friend about how i was texting the entire time and basically she said i was being a dumbass. she says that all the cell phone activity would trigger an explosive if there was one, thus killing us all. of course i called her an idiot for thinking that random cellular transmissions would do such a thing.

so my question to you people is: "can random cellphone related activity actually trigger a bomb?"

i know that terrorists have used cellphones as triggers, but i'm sure that you have to call or text or something the specific cellular phone rigged to the explosive.

what frequencies to explosive triggers use? what frequencies do cellphones use?

just wondering...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I think only if you call certain numbers, like you said.

EDIT:
Found your problem.
Quote by bobby_splax
okay. so today at my school, we had a gun threat. Which made our school go into a "hard lockdown" meaning each class has to shut off the lights and sit in the back of the room away from any windows. i was talking to my friend about how i was texting the entire time and basically she said i was being a dumbass. she says that all the cell phone activity would trigger an explosive if there was one, thus killing us all. of course i called her an idiot for thinking that random cellular transmissions would do such a thing.

so my question to you people is: "can random cellphone related activity actually trigger a bomb?"

i know that terrorists have used cellphones as triggers, but i'm sure that you have to call or text or something the specific cellular phone rigged to the explosive.

just wondering...
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Last edited by SoWrongItsMatt at Dec 18, 2008,
I seriously doubt that. Our school doesn't allow cell phone use during emergency situations because they don't need 800 parents rushing to the school during said emergency.
Terrorist on ground: *dials friend* "Do you have the bomb?" (in foreign language)

Terrorist on plane: "Yeah, it's right her----"

*BOOM*
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Calling 911 results in all bombs in a 100km radius to go off!

Them terrorists are smart.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by bobby_splax

just wondering...

It sounds almost like she was ****tin you. I highly doubt you calling your mom would set off a bomb in the school, unless your mom's phone was connected to that bomb.

I agree with the guy who said that the school wants to make sure you're not the one making the call to trigger the bomb, you dirty terrorist.
exactly what i thought. terrorists wouldn't design a device that could potentially blow everyone up at random...

she argued it's not one cellphone, it has to be alot of cellphones. and i said she's an idiot because there is ALWAYS A **** LOAD OF CELLPHONE USE IN SCHOOL. once the douche got within like...300 feet of the school he'd blow himself up

EDIT:
Quote by boreamor
Yeah. Maybe your dad should have used a condom.

...someone knows how to read...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i think the reason is they tell you no cellphones becuase once at my school we had a drill and everyone was texting and stuff and they had to shut the phone towers because there was too much phone traffic.

basically if there is thousands of texts going through cyberspace at once, they have to shut phone towers and 911 calls take longer to go through or something like that.

at least thats what we were told and it makes sense.
Quote by Deanwings79
i think the reason is they tell you no cellphones becuase once at my school we had a drill and everyone was texting and stuff and they had to shut the phone towers because there was too much phone traffic.

basically if there is thousands of texts going through cyberspace at once, they have to shut phone towers and 911 calls take longer to go through or something like that.

Yeah. Those radio waves start to block each other and sometimes for a second or two it'll bounce into another person's phone. This happens with pictures sometimes, when someone is sending a picture during a high traffic time and it can bounce into another phone.
My father is an explosive tech for a cement company...cell phones can set off certain types of explosives, but in no way would they set off a ****ty homemade one...at his work you have to shut off your cell phone during blast times because certain frequencies activate the detonators, but that's high-tech **** not an idiot 12 year old with a pipe bomb
Shoooooooooooop da whooooooooooop
Batman.
Quote by StoopidRudeboy
Ohhhhh, you still ruined it for me now...... never mind. Your cool ill let it go.

Hmm...

closest thing I ever got to a compliment
Quote by Deanwings79

I doubt they would shut down the phone towers because a few people in one school were texting... It doesn't make since at all.
as far as I am aware, the only real case where cellphones can trigger explosives is when another cellphone is used as the detonator and called specifically to trigger the explosive.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Haha, you called her a dumbass before you even knew if you were right or not. Even more, on a question as stupid as this. Ts, you sir are a dumbass.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Well, I don't know about explosives, but gas, yeah. I used to work in a petrol station, and if I saw someone using their phone near a pump I wasn't meant to turn that pump on because a spark from any electrical or mechanical device can ignite petrol/fumes.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy