My computer recently needed a computer restore and all my files and documents got pernamently deleted. Im wondering what i can do/buy in order to save all my files so after the restore i can upload all my documents again? I heard a USB flash drive is good so...Any suggestions?
Quote by darkwolf291
a flash drive would be good..but then again, how many files are you talking about..that has a big impact on how big a usb drive to get

It's basicly the photo's on My Pictures document, there is atleast over 100 photos. And Desktop icons like saved GP files.
Quote by Insicion
It's basicly the photo's on My Pictures document, there is atleast over 100 photos. And Desktop icons like saved GP files.

You'd only need like not even a 1gb flash drive. And unfortunatly I have to do a system restore right now too, I can't save anything though.
Quote by Insicion
My computer recently needed a computer restore and all my files and documents got pernamently deleted. Im wondering what i can do/buy in order to save all my files so after the restore i can upload all my documents again? I heard a USB flash drive is good so...Any suggestions?

External hard drive or blank DVDs.

Flash Drives are fine for going between two computers but they really don't hold enough to back up your hard drive.

EDIT: I didn't read through the thread, I guess a flash drive would work
Last edited by dudius at Dec 18, 2008,
If you want something free there's always Gmail...

There's a program/utility call Gmail Drive or G-Drive or something I used a few years ago where you can use a Gmail account as a file backup, it displays an icon in 'My Computer' just like any other drive would, and you just drag and drop all your important files, pictures, games, etc etc on/into the drive and it uploades them directly to the Gmail account.

Though if you have tons of GB's of data I would only recommend this if you have a fast internet connection and its basically just a last resort I guess.

Just a suggestion.
Quote by Insicion

youd probably be good with like a 2-5gig drive then...look them up on best buy, circut city.com..etc..or you can use the external drive, or cd's
Get some cheap ghosting software. At most it should set you back around $50. It essentially just takes a 'snapshot' of your drive platters then when you put the CD in it replicates your exact HD information back onto the platters.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play