I'm a fan of innovation in technology, large leaps etc.

Would it be feasible to create some sort of low-cost high-frequency sonar system that you could use in your home to detect 3-dimensional bodies and allow them to interact with digital information?

All comments appreciated. Also, if there was a way to DIY this shit, feel even more welcome.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.

I feel useless here

*leaves*
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Firequacker
I'm a fan of innovation in technology, large leaps etc.

Would it be feasible to create some sort of low-cost high-frequency sonar system that you could use in your home to detect 3-dimensional bodies and allow them to interact with digital information?

All comments appreciated. Also, if there was a way to DIY this shit, feel even more welcome.

They already have something similar, it also allows you to feel the holographic object. It's not cheap though.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
You could probably do somthing like that with optics or infared. Just somthing to triangulate your position relative to the projector and react accordingly.

Defenately woulden't be cheap and it's iffy if the hardware is there yet.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
yah but they are not safe, mine took me back in time to 2008
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by Jericho114
They already have something similar, it also allows you to feel the holographic object. It's not cheap though.

Do you know the name or the name of the project's creators?

I'm trying to do some research so that I might be able to construct something similar. Even if it's abilities may be limited by cost...
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Minority Report-ish?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Firequacker
Do you know the name or the name of the project's creators?

I'm trying to do some research so that I might be able to construct something similar. Even if it's abilities may be limited by cost...

I don't. I would have most likely seen it on www.newscientist.com, or less likely, www.howstuffworks.com.

You should be able to google it. I'd help you out, but I am stuck at work and my activity is logged. lol
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
What exactly do you mean by interacting with information in 3D?

i.e. in the movie Iron Man, when he's disassembling the 3-dimensional blueprint of his prototypical suit with his hands above some sort of holographic platform. But I'm thinking just the image on the screen, not projected in 3D.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.