I haven't seen this question asked and I was wondering about it. This is about a left-handed person using a right-handed guitar. For anyone who does this, is it hard at first considering you write with your fretting hand that will at first be sore / get calloused? Just wondering if your fingers tips will be so raw that it will bother you to where it's hard to write. I'm a lefty and have been considering beginning with a right-handed guitar, but I saw that as a potential problem. Thanks for anyone's help.
I play righty (cause I'm right handed) and my finger nails get in the way. Off topic, but it really shouldn't do enough damage to your hand to hinder your writing, as Blue Strat said.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ya don't even worry about it. You're fingers won't get that sore, you're (hopefully) gonna stop playing before your fingers get to that point.
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
I'm left handed and have always played right handed. It shouldn't bother you too much, unless you have soft little bitch hands, in which case you shouldn't be picking up any instrument other than the skin flute.
i write left handed, but it never caused any problems with my writing. you should be good.
Quote by Seney
I'm left handed and have always played right handed. It shouldn't bother you too much, unless you have soft little bitch hands, in which case you shouldn't be picking up any instrument other than the skin flute.

lol ....ew

anyways, i play right handed
but i dont think it should do too much
but your selection of guitars will be limited
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Your fingers don't get THAT sore. You'll be way happier with sore fingers for a few days than awkward playing for ever. If playing lefty feels better, than do that.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
i'm a lefty playing right, my hand writing hasn't got any worse since i started.
I'm left handed, and i too have always played right handed, but i prefer it that way, however, when you do this, make sure you pay attention to your right hand, my left had has a lot of natural dexterity, but my picking isn't so great because of it, it's something i've really struggled with ever since i started
Quote by Seney

Thanks for making my day.

As for the TS, I am left handed and play a right handed guitar. It has never gotten in the way of everyday activities.
Quote by Seney
I'm left handed and have always played right handed. It shouldn't bother you too much, unless you have soft little bitch hands

this. lol
Im ambidextrous but i mainly use my left hand for writing. i play guitar right handed and i have discovered that my friend who has been playing as long as i have has a significantly less amount of dexterity in his left hand (he's a righty) than i do. my picking hand has been able to keep up because of the fact that i am ambidextrous. does anyone know if this fact is the reason i was able to learn guitar as quickly as i can? i was able to sweep pick two and a half years into guitar playing and that doesn't seem natural to me...

anyway it will not get in the way of writing