Not a nano or micro or whatever, the big, bricksized Metal Muff. Is it good? I'f listened to demoes, watched demoes and such. But I'd like some more opinions on it.

I'd be playing through an SS amp, its a good one though. Problem is, its single channel with no built in distortion due to the fact its a bass amp. So, I need a good distortion pedal for it. Its a Hartke Kickback 120w if you're wondering.

So, will this pedal work for an SS amp fine?
i have the biggest one and it sounds good i like the fact that u can git alot of different sounds out of it the only thing i wasnt impressed with is the sustain nob, it helps sum but if want a ton of sustain ull hav to hav good pickups or a petal to boost it otherwise though its a good petal got killer distortion
I loved it when i tested it out.

If my amps distortion didn't satisfy me more i would have bought it.
I don't like the Metal Muffs, I find them fuzzy and empty sounding. I'm not saying they're bad, just not to my taste.
I prefer the MT-2, it sounds like a marshall stack on full blast. However the MT-2 can be difficult to get a really good sound from unless you are prepared to spend time with it. Also, this pedal is at its best through a valve amp, through a SS it's not great.
Ibanez RG1570
Laney VC15
Boss CH-1 MT-2 EQ-7 CS-3 NS-2
Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Best distortion I've got It can get almost any sound you want.

+1
I used one for a while through my old MG(puke) and it actually sounded really good even through that crappy amp. Definitely get the top boost one though, that feature is really useful in band situations.
Quote by Sammydemon
I don't like the Metal Muffs, I find them fuzzy and empty sounding. I'm not saying they're bad, just not to my taste.
I prefer the MT-2, it sounds like a marshall stack on full blast. However the MT-2 can be difficult to get a really good sound from unless you are prepared to spend time with it. Also, this pedal is at its best through a valve amp, through a SS it's not great.

it sounds like a can of angry bees
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

it sounds like a can of angry bees

He didn't say it was a decent Marshall stack
MG's are known for their signature "can of bees" CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I much prefer the SLAMMING TONE. And KICKING MIDS from the MG. Not the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

Anyways, I'll probably be picking up a metal muff this weekend then.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

+1
Its a great pedal but for the price of it he can get a Older Randall or Ampeg VH-140C that will make it go crying home to momma.

Also I wasnt a big fan of the metal muff, way to buzzy/fizzy for my tastes. That said any pedal in that price range is gonna be buzzy so out of the assortment the metal muff is the better choice of the ones out there.