i need you ug
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
I too, am considering it. But that is 3 years down the road. (You have to have a college degree to take part I believe)

I've heard great things, I had a teacher who did it and loved it. But... I've also heard some horror stories. It really depends on where they send you to be honest. My advice: Study the language of the area you would like to get shipped out to, it will definitely help your chances.
A friend of my dad and a girl I went to middle school with did it/is doing it respectively. I just got my nomination and if my medical stuff checks out I SHOULD be invited for a program next October. I don't know what kind of stories you're looking for though...

EDIT: ^ Not necessarily, but if you don't have one you need relevant work experience/certification etc. It's best to have a degree though, for sure.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Dec 18, 2008,
I am possesed by a stereotype that everyone who either goes to the army or army related stuff are good at nothing
I was planning on joining, before I fell in love.

Now I have to rethink my life.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by mary_had_a_lil
I am possesed by a stereotype that everyone who either goes to the army or army related stuff are good at nothing

A) That's foolish.

B) What does that have to do with Peace Corps?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I was planning on joining, before I fell in love.

Now I have to rethink my life.

that was beautiful

I might join the peace corps, it look's really interesting
Go for it dude. I may when I become of age.

Im glad to see this thread..... too many "Im thinking about joining the MARINE corps"...
I think it would be an awesome thing to do but I hear that they cut back funding for those kinds of things so it's harder to get in the program now because they're taking fewer people. But I agree with the user who said it would be useful to learn the language of the area you're going to.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.