I don't often post stuff like this, but this is something we can all get behind regardless of what gaming "community" we are a part of. A well known and well loved gamer and moderator over at Teamxbox is fighting a battle for his life against cancer...and to keep his head afloat because of all the expenses. There is currently a fundraiser going on to help Sean set up by Teamxbox founder Shockwave. If you think this is some kind of scam then just check out, http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18410/Sean-Martella-Fundraiser to see this is the real deal.

You know how the media LOVES to say we're all a bunch of violence crazed teenagers? Well, lets show them that when one of our own needs help, we're there for them. This is no "PS3 vs. Xbox" debate, this is somebody fighting for his life and we have a chance to help him out. So donate a few bucks, a few pennies, whatever you can, and spread the word by digging, stumbling, Facebook linking, twittering, blogging the hell outta this story.

If you're on Facebook (which you probably are) join the group and invite your friends.
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=44496301930
If you're on Digg, then Digg the story. It is already in Gaming News.
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Sean_Martella_Aiel_Fundraiser_Time_for_gamers_to_help

Here's where you can donate: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18410/Sean-Martella-Fundraiser

Sean's personal blog: http://seanmartella.blogspot.com/

Guys and gal gamers, this is your chance to really help out one of your own this holiday season. This thing is really gaining steam and people are starting to make a difference. F*ck the recession. A good heart and a good deed is recession proof.

The target is $50,000. We can get there.
Last edited by DrPants PhD at Dec 19, 2008,
hm so we help this one guy out and not all the other people struggling with cancer too? i dont care if hes a fellow gamer or not, if i donate to anything cancer related it will be a cancer foundation where it goes to use helping multiple people.
I understand, many people are saying that as well. it's just something we're trying to do for a friend of ours, since he's been going through some rough times. but I understand there are many others suffering with cancer, but hopefully this makes people think twice about helping those in need.
My friend died in a head-on collision with a bus because he swerved to miss a dog. He was 15 years old and no one said anything about him dying other than a 10 seconds news headline on TV.

Oh, but he played Xbox a lot...wanna donate to his family?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
is this advertising?

not to sound cold hearted but if he lived or died i would be none the wiser and could just be a con.
i'm loving the people in this thread...

so because not everyone is advertised as having a medical condition that needs treating, this one person is being advertised makes it unfair to those who aren't?

so in short he should be left alone to die then right?

what if this were your friend or family member in need, you'd be the first to jump on it yes?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799

so because not everyone is advertised as having a medical condition that needs treating, this one person is being advertised makes it unfair to those who aren't?

what if this were your friend or family member in need, you'd be the first to jump on it yes?

what!!!

Inglese por favor!
Quote by Ziesta
what!!!

Inglese por favor!

i typed the phrase into Microsoft Word and there are no mistakes.

learn to read.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799

Big question.
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
Big question.

and i'm sure your answer would be what i think it is.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Blow Me
My friend died in a head-on collision with a bus because he swerved to miss a dog. He was 15 years old and no one said anything about him dying other than a 10 seconds news headline on TV.

So instead of running over a dog he killed himself?

and the US should just make health care part of our taxes I mean C'mon its already gonna be 2009
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
What if instead of putting that money towards him we could fund a bailout plan for our friends at Free Radical who may be going bankrupt and thus wont be able to finish Time Splitters 4.

...yeah I'm going to hell.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by Waterboy799
and i'm sure your answer would be what i think it is.

Honestly...I believe the money should go to cancer research that will help thousands, maybe millions, more in the long run. "Gamers fund cancer research"...still has a nice ring to it, but no one wants to do good things for someone unless there's a face and a feeling of obligation.
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
Honestly...I believe the money should go to cancer research that will help thousands, maybe millions, more in the long run. "Gamers fund cancer research"...still has a nice ring to it, but no one wants to do good things for someone unless there's a face and a feeling of obligation.

i understand were your coming from and in no way did i ever say "you're all evil for not giving this guy money" but you all came in this thread completely disregarding that this guy does in fact have cancer, simply brushed it off your shoulders because he's only one man.

that to me isn't right.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
i understand were your coming from and in no way did i ever say "you're all evil for not giving this guy money" but you all came in this thread completely disregarding that this guy does in fact have cancer, simply brushed it off your shoulders because he's only one man.

that to me isn't right.

I agree to disagree
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
I agree to disagree

Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Don't be such D-bags about this.

IF you choose not to donate that's completely up to you, there's absolutely no reason for you to try and **** all over this by attempting to make arguments based upon your own personal beliefs.

I could make a million excuses for any charity and why I don't believe they should get money, whether it be that I believe there's a more deserving cause, a more deserving individual, or that I've given all that I can elsewhere. That DOES NOT mean that I would ever attempt to persuade individuals into not donating, nor would I ever consider speak negatively about a good cause that's trying to assist an individual in need.
Quote by qbags
Don't be such D-bags about this.

IF you choose not to donate that's completely up to you, there's absolutely no reason for you to try and **** all over this by attempting to make arguments based upon your own personal beliefs.

I could make a million excuses for any charity and why I don't believe they should get money, whether it be that I believe there's a more deserving cause, a more deserving individual, or that I've given all that I can elsewhere. That DOES NOT mean that I would ever attempt to persuade individuals into not donating, nor would I ever consider speak negatively about a good cause that's trying to assist an individual in need.

You're an Idiot. Near all Charities have a great cause. Charities like this, Heifer Fund, and Stuff like that need money as well.
Quote by zzeazz
You're an Idiot. Near all Charities have a great cause. Charities like this, Heifer Fund, and Stuff like that need money as well.

That's my point you dumb ****.

All charities are worthy of any donation (This one included). Maybe you should finish reading that paragraph before writing this post^.

I am fully aware that nearly all charities have worthy causes, but I PERSONALLY could justify donating more to one then the other (Whether that's because I believe more in ones research/cause or how a particular charity effected my personal life) BUT MY POINT IS that I wouldn't ever debunk, disregard, or discriminate against any charity based on those beliefs. Especially in a public forum where others may be dissuaded from donating.

So before you go foaming out the mouth read my post next time you cow.
Quote by qbags
That's my point you dumb ****.

All charities are worthy of any donation (This one included). Maybe you should finish reading that paragraph before writing this post^.

I am fully aware that nearly all charities have worthy causes, but I PERSONALLY could justify donating more to one then the other (Whether that's because I believe more in ones research/cause or how a particular charity effected my personal life) BUT MY POINT IS that I wouldn't ever debunk, disregard, or discriminate against any charity based on those beliefs. Especially in a public forum where others may be dissuaded from donating.

So before you go foaming out the mouth read my post next time you cow.

I wrote your entire Paragraph. *report* Chu BTW. No flaming here
Quote by A Certain Death
PS3 > Xbox.

not related

i agree but it has nothing to do with this
Quote by zzeazz
I wrote your entire Paragraph. *report* Chu BTW. No flaming here

Do you really think I give a ****?

You wrote my entire paragraph? Sure thing faggio, but flaming also consists of calling someone an idiot. So I hope your fairy ass gets the boot as well. Cut your hair you romo.
Quote by A Certain Death
PS3 > Xbox.

agreed
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by The Master Plan
So instead of running over a dog he killed himself?

and the US should just make health care part of our taxes I mean C'mon its already gonna be 2009

He probably didn't know he was going to get hit by a bus, don't be a douche. I would've done the same thing to save the dog.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Why are we raising money?

Is there no hospital near him or something with $$$$'s worth of equipment to kill his cancer?

I second that this should be given to cancer research, the fact he's a gamer doesn't make him more worthy than anybody else.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by A Certain Death
PS3 > Xbox.

grow a dick
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Quote by greatone_12
What if instead of putting that money towards him we could fund a bailout plan for our friends at Free Radical who may be going bankrupt and thus wont be able to finish Time Splitters 4.

...yeah I'm going to hell.

Wait, there is going to be a TS4?

OMG.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Aaron0612
He probably didn't know he was going to get hit by a bus, don't be a douche. I would've done the same thing to save the dog.

You would have killed yourself to save a dog? And how could you not notice a bus coming straight at you?

Anyways, health care should be free.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Quote by The Master Plan
You would have killed yourself to save a dog? And how could you not notice a bus coming straight at you?

Anyways, health care should be free.

Don't be a fucking cunt.

It was probably a reflex action - they're not consciously made. It was evidently a terrible accident.

If you see you're about to hit a dog, you're not going to think "hmm. maybe i should carry on driving and hit the dog because if i swerve, i might die".

wat.
No. I'm not going to give him money just because he plays Xbox. There are plenty of other people with cancer too, why don't you give them some money instead?

Quote by TS
Guys and gal gamers, this is your chance to really help out one of your own this holiday season. This thing is really gaining steam and people are starting to make a difference. F*ck the recession. A good heart and a good deed is recession proof.

One of my own? We're not a cult, it's a bunch of people who share a hobby. Why should I help this guy more than some (other) random.

Also, I like the last sentence. It's almost gay enough to be on some lame greeting card.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Dec 20, 2008,
Ill take is Wife.

O wait he is a gamer.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Blow Me

You can drive when you're 15?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Apparently not, I wonder if the bus driver got in trouble.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Quote by Meths
No. I'm not going to give him money just because he plays Xbox. There are plenty of other people with cancer too, why don't you give them some money instead?

One of my own? We're not a cult, it's a bunch of people who share a hobby. Why should I help this guy more than some (other) random.

Also, I like the last sentence. It's almost gay enough to be on some lame greeting card.

You've pretty much summarized every other post in this thread. I appreciate the time you took to write that but it wasn't necessary.