I really want some new music, I have some credit on itunes and dont know what to spend it on. (sorry if this is the wrong forum) I like Muse System of a Down Iron Maiden Slayer Pantera Motorhead The Killers Amonamarth AC/DC Aerosmith Serj Tankian Jimi Hendrix Avenged Sevenfold Faith No More Metallica Krokus Alice in Chains Artic Monkeys The Beastie Boys Beck Black Sabbath Blur Ozzy Ozzbourne Blink-182 Cream The Clash Daft Punk Drowning Pool Dire Straights Dio Evanescence The Flaming Lips Foo Fighters Foreigner Franz Ferdinand Guns N’ Roses Interpol Journey Kiss Led Zeppelin Motley Crue Nirvana Pearl Jam Pennywise Quiet Riot The Raconteurs Rage Against the Machine Nightwish Ramones Rancid Red Hot Chili Peppers The Reverened Horton Heart Dragonforce The Shins Slash Slipknot Smashing Pumpkins Spinal Tap Tenacious D Thrice Tiger Army Trivium Weezer The White Stripes Wolfmother ZZ Top Killswitch Engage Nine Inch Nails Rise Against Against Me Van Halen, but those are just some of them. Please can you recommend bands?
Ok, check out this band called Born Empty. Thier only album on iTunes is Guitardid, and they are great! Look them up on MySpace.
Ooh. Or even the Avett Brothers. They are a really great accustic punk/country/awesome music that trancends all genres band. All thier stuff is great, but i reccomend the album "Emotionalism". Golden. Also checkout Jethro Tull's "Aqualung". Also Golden.
Last edited by Avettlover1 at Dec 18, 2008,
I dont really like those four. Im not looking for screaming music, total metal, or country.
ok mr. Pickey. haha. How about Electric Light Orchestra? Or early Bowie? Or B.B. King?
Or freakin' somthing not on a guitar hero game? haha
Quote by branflakes439
you can never go wrong with some beatles!
They're so loveable:

Hmm.... maybe: Tool (expand your rock/metal horizon with super awesome technical stuff), Testament (great metal band - not the screaming heavy metal stuff though), Stone Temple Pilots (since you like Pearl Jam + Alice In Chains + Nirvana), Shadows Fall (just a cool band), Velvet Revolver (since you like GN'R), R.E.M. (awesome band. amazing songwriters. you might like them if you like STP and all) , Queensryche (you'll love em, trust me), Exodus (Kirk was in this band before Metallica. Awesome thrash metal), and Audioslave (since you like RAtM).

It's an odd combination (haha, you should see my iPod) but they're good bands in my opinion.

Edit: Suggestion- before buying music right away, you might want to listen to a few songs and see if you like them first. Here are a couple websites that let you do that:

http://www.airmp3.net/
http://www.emp3world.com/

Disclaimer: I'm not promoting illegal downloading- just listening to a couple songs online first before buying them legally off of iTunes. Tell me if you want me to remove the links guys (or if it's easier you can do it yourself with your mod powers, haha). You know I posted them with good intention
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 19, 2008,
^Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, Audioslave - all +1
The Datsuns (check out - Mother ****er from Hell)
The Black Keys
The Velvet Underground
The Doors
Violent Femmes
Bob Dylan
Soundgarden had some alright stuff when they were around. I liked Blackhole Sun.
You can listen to quite a bit on You Tube before you buy too. Nice to see you buy your music - Good ****!!

EDIT: I just realized there's no Pink Floyd in there - you need to fix that pronto!
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Dec 19, 2008,
Check out Pandora.com, it lets you make radio stations of your favorite bands and mixes in similar styles. es muy coolio.
Quote by Avettlover1
ok mr. Pickey. haha. How about Electric Light Orchestra? Or early Bowie? Or B.B. King?
Or freakin' somthing not on a guitar hero game? haha

DUDE, I ****ing hate people like that. I hate it when someones like "Im such a rocker because I play guitar hero!" or "That songs on Guitar Hero, thats my favorite band!"
Guitar hero just used all the good bands

Im sort of anti-guitar hero.

But thank you for those suggestions
Last edited by NEX44 at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by hedspase
Check out Pandora.com, it lets you make radio stations of your favorite bands and mixes in similar styles. es muy coolio.

Dude that is such a great site! Much better than Last.FM! Thank you! It is helping me find new artists that are similar to my favorites!