I was thinking of getting one but then i heard they break real easy and they were cheaply made. Anyone got one?
All the ones I've played were decent. NONE of them played well past the 12th fret though. The note just went dead after I played it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by metallica3211
I was thinking of getting one but then i heard they break real easy and they were cheaply made. Anyone got one?

I got one that I replaced the original pups and it plays amazingly.
Feed your mind.
I have a schecter S-1. I find it to be really good after changing hte pick ups to soemthing nice. but hte feel of the body and neck is great.
I think they're good, they're more suited towards metal though, not quite as versatile as my current, which is why I traded them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I love Schecters!!!!

They are by far my favorite guitars.

Don't have the cash to own one, but the Diamond Series at my local Guitar Center has my fingerprints on it and smells like me now
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
i have an s-1 and a floyd rose hellraiser, both are pretty nice guitars.
I love them personally. I have a C1 plus electric and a Stilletto Studio 5 bass and I love them both. The guitar is definitely a bit different than most other brands, so I suggest you try one before you buy. And some people say that they aren't amazing guitars, but in the $600 sort of price range they're incredible instruments. The bass has got to be my favorite, great tone, great build, low action, and no buzzing.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by jetfuel495
i got one, pulled out the stock pickups and put in some DAVE MUSTAINE sigs, its awesome.

Wowee!
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Schecter is not cheaply made. Most likely the best brand for the price, just about the best brand anyway. It's all up to what you think of it. If you do get one, I recommend the C-1 +, it is amazing.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
are you kidding?

schecters are amazing guitars.

especially their stilettos and tempests and hellraiser models.

Quote by aaronob
Arent they mainly for metal?

nope. they have hallow bodies, as well as tele copies.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Played them a ton at Guitar Center. The seem to have a great feel. When I plug them in, the sound is a bit dull.

I'd love to buy one and mod the pickups. The wife says I have to sell guitars before I can bring any new ones home.
I'm not good at giving any of my guitars up. Even the crappy ones.
My main is a Schecter, and though it's a $300 guitar, I love it. It plays well and comfy, I've had no problems with it, and it sounds better than my others. And they definitely do NOT break easy. When I got it, this one's neck had the worst bowing I've ever seen (the head luthier at East Coast Music Mall said the same), and yet the trussrod was strong enough to bring it back to straight. Him and I were both astonished when it didn't just snap like a twig.

Also, I want a C-7 Hellraiser.
I own a C7 Hellraiser, and it's easily the best 7string I've played. Wipes the floor on high-end Ibby's IMO.
i have owned 5 in my time and i still have two and they are excellent guitars. they play very well past the 12th fret, that is all about action and inotation. i play more stuff past the 12th fret then i do before it so i wouldn't have it if it didnt.
I'm a beginner and grabbed the 006 Extreme. Great price. Quality is amazing, sounds amazing, looks like sex, no known issues. Have had it almost a year.
just don't listen to everything synyster or zacky tell you
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
I have a Damien FR and it's built GREAT. It plays well and has amazing tone. The only thing I don't like about it is how wide the neck it... I like the Ibanez necks...But that's just a preference... I would go to a store and try some out before you get biased by the internet lol
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
I have a Damien FR and it's built GREAT. It plays well and has amazing tone. The only thing I don't like about it is how wide the neck it... I like the Ibanez necks...But that's just a preference... I would go to a store and try some out before you get biased by the internet lol

agreed
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
i have a shecter damien fr special and its really good everything was set up perfect the action is great and the extra jumbo frets make it easy to play fast. only thing i would change is the pick ups to the emg 81/85 setup if i were a tone junkie im not though and passive emgs still sound pretty awesome. Def great for distorted stuff clean stuff not so much but it can be decent if you mess around with the tone and volume.

overall id say its a really good guitar and you get more bang for your buk shecter has some of the better prices i think.
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

oh yeah forgot to add that the neck is kinda of wide and im used to playing on a ibanez too so its takes some adjusting
Quote by HeavyDT
oh yeah forgot to add that the neck is kinda of wide and im used to playing on a ibanez too so its takes some adjusting

I personally prefer a wider neck. I feel like it gives me more freedom to move around.
i have a schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
hells yeah
ORIGINAL floyd rose, emg 81/89's, set neck, 24 frets, amazingly low action (took me forever to get it though haha)
i love it