So, I have a Roland Jc 50. I love it, the only thing though, it is a pretty old amp (circa 1980), and now when I have the bright switch turned on, whenever I hit certain notes, there is a distinct crackle that comes from the amp. Its only when the bright switch is on, so is this a problem with the speaker, or the amp. Is it something that needs to be cleaned, or something else. I really don't have that much money to take it to anybody, so what should I do UG, thanks in advance for your help.
Boy, that's a tough one. Solid state right? I suppose it could be the speaker. Can you try a different lead cable or possibly a different guitar? It might just be at the end of it's life. Let's hope not.

Nothing new right? No new pedals, change in environment, bad batteries in pedals, etc? I would put the amp on a different power outlet with nothing else and possibly a new cable, no pedals, and see if you can re-create it.
i never use bright switches. but i really have no idea. im sorry. i guess just take it to a tech and ask if he knows whats wring with it. If its too expensive, just dont use the bright switch, if you can afford the repair, go ahead with it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.