Page 1 of 2
So I just read something about PETA that was quite disturbing. Apparently in the last 9 years they have killed around 18,000 domesticated animals while in 2007 the adopted out less than 10...yeah in the whole year. I never really liked PETA before considering they want to make me feel bad for eating a burger, but now that I know they are completely hypocritical i really dislike them.

Well screw PETA and their so-called ethical treatment of animals...they can suck my balls....two times
PETA has killed animals?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
source(s) plz.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I have hated PETA since forever.

They are misguided.

Plain and simple.

But yeah link for your information?

Otherwise we can't believe it.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by DarkSonata
So I just read something about PETA that was quite disturbing. Apparently in the last 9 years they have killed around 18,000 domesticated animals while in 2007 the adopted out less than 10...yeah in the whole year. I never really liked PETA before considering they want to make me feel bad for eating a burger, but now that I know they are completely hypocritical i really dislike them.

Well screw PETA and their so-called ethical treatment of animals...they can suck my balls....two times

I really doubt that.....
That's like 2000 animals a year, which is like 5-6 animals a day. You're making **** up.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Wow, congratulations, you found out PETA sucks. We're all really proud of you. This is profound and will probably persuade me to finally realize that being a vegetarian is an awful thing and caring about animals is just as bad.

Hate PETA because they're an awful organization that has totally defaced a legitimate movement, not because they make you feel bad for eating a fuzzy little animal. Either eat the animal, or flow with your emotions. Own what you do, whether it's eating an animal or grooming its coat.

These threads always piss me off. As a vegetarian, I think PETA's ridiculous and has proven totally counter-productive. If they could focus on actually rescuing animals instead of crude publicity stunts, maybe people wouldn't think all vegetarians were teenagers going through a phase or crazy radicals wanting to shove a lifestyle down your throat.

EDIT: in looking back, that was pretty counter productive too. I kind of sounded angry and crazy there. I apologize for that rant. I've actually written a few papers about PETA and vegetarianism before...they were much more coherent than that....
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Wow, congratulations, you found out PETA sucks. We're all really proud of you. This is profound and will probably persuade me to finally realize that being a vegetarian is an awful thing and caring about animals is just as bad.

Hate PETA because they're an awful organization that has totally defaced a legitimate movement, not because they make you feel bad for eating a fuzzy little animal. Either eat the animal, or flow with your emotions. Own what you do, whether it's eating an animal or grooming its coat.

These threads always piss me off. As a vegetarian, I think PETA's ridiculous and has proven totally counter-productive. If they could focus on actually rescuing animals instead of crude publicity stunts, maybe people wouldn't think all vegetarians were teenagers going through a phase or crazy radicals wanting to shove a lifestyle down your throat.

I think that your point is counterproductive. It would seem that you are trying to shove your lifestyle down the Pit's collective throats. I seriously doubt that anyone here cares that you're a veggie.

now...
I'm off to cook some tasty cow.

edit---
you beat me to it... nice job
"PETA regularly asks towns and cities whose names, in its view, are suggestive of animal exploitation to change their names."

seriously...what ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Go to YouTube and look for Penn and Teller PETA.

Pretty interesting stuff.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
PETA has rallies with hot naked bitches to show that they would rather be naked than wear fur. YAY BOOBIES!!!!
I'm sorry,
I couldn't hear you through my beaver-fur ear muffs
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Seems pretty meddlesome, but I appreciate their perspective. These are animals who, ostensibly, suffer homeless in the streets. They're trying to do some good by ending the beasts' supposed suffering.

That said, I would much rather live homeless in the streets than slip away on some cold metal slab with strange creatures hovering over me, and I suspect the dogs they're killing feel similarly about it. Someone said misguided. That's a fair label.
My Stuff:
PRS SE Soapbar II
ESP LTD EC-50 (Seymour JB & '59)
Peavey Backstage Plus (1x10 35W)
Peavey Classic (2X12 100W)

Yamaha FG-750s circa 1978

Wishlist:
Fishman Rare Earth acoustic pickups
Boss RC-2 or RC-20
There was a PETA chick that threw paint allover a chicks fur coat and it was a pretty big deal. The poor misguided PETA girl ended up commiting suicide a few days later because someone left animal entrails and guts and blood allover her furniture etc, and killed her 2 cats. Pretty twisted and sick- but the chick had no right to dump paint on some meth addicted lunatics fur coat. Talk about extremism lol.
Thank you all of the extremist animal lovers are gonna kill us. Setting fire to people's houses for using mice in experiments as seen on the news. They are completely stupid. ANY vegatarian who doesn't eat meat because he/she doesn't want to kill animals is an idiot. SOMETHING has to die in order for you to live whether it be animals or plants they all have lives. And being hypocritical is also another crock of crap.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
I dont get the whole concept of vegetarianism
i mean, your still eating a living organism, and is just as much alive as a dog is.
now sure, it doesnt have a brain or move, but it is still life, just the same

I mean if we could find the cure for cancer by poking cute animals with flaming hot sticks for the rest of eternity, i would do it
not because i would enjoy, it would break my heart
but i feel that people are more valuable than animals
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
There was a PETA chick that threw paint allover a chicks fur coat and it was a pretty big deal. The poor misguided PETA girl ended up commiting suicide a few days later because someone left animal entrails and guts and blood allover her furniture etc, and killed her 2 cats. Pretty twisted and sick- but the chick had no right to dump paint on some meth addicted lunatics fur coat. Talk about extremism lol.

It was actually flour and that girl was lindsay lohan
Quote by Aaron the 4th
Quote by The_Quiet_Man
I personally enjoy being a member of peta.......People Eating Tasty Animals.

Wow I bet you made that one up yourself
Quote by amason51
PETA has rallies with hot naked bitches to show that they would rather be naked than wear fur. YAY BOOBIES!!!!

yeah that will definitely make people take you seriously

sorry but i would not be one to flaunt Pam Anderson as one of your biggest supporters

the election might have turned out different if obama did that
Quote by Nirvana6722
Thank you all of the extremist animal lovers are gonna kill us. Setting fire to people's houses for using mice in experiments as seen on the news. They are completely stupid. ANY vegatarian who doesn't eat meat because he/she doesn't want to kill animals is an idiot. SOMETHING has to die in order for you to live whether it be animals or plants they all have lives. And being hypocritical is also another crock of crap.

Yes but plants don't have central nervous systems and can't feel pain.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

I hate those douchebags. The paint throwers, I mean.
Quote by Shpongled

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Never heard a carrot scream?
Quote by Shpongled

But, if the killing is quick and painless problem solved buddy.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
That's why I belong to a different kind of PETA.

People Eating Tasty Animals.

I hate how they get their videos around.

You click "Hot Lesbians Kissing" on youtube and get animals being mistreated.

Talk about a boner killer.

Those bastards.
Quote by Jett Diamond

EDIT: in looking back, that was pretty counter productive too. I kind of sounded angry and crazy there. I apologize for that rant. I've actually written a few papers about PETA and vegetarianism before...they were much more coherent than that....

Ranty or not, this man speaks the truth.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Nirvana6722
It was actually flour and that girl was lindsay lohan

Nah it was in Germany and it was about 5 years ago. And it was paint.
Quote by Tire Me.

I hate how they get their videos around.

You click "Hot Lesbians Kissing" on youtube and get animals being mistreated.

Talk about a boner killer.

Those bastards.

that is so sigged!
Quote by Aaron the 4th
Quote by Tire Me.

late
Quote by Vikingx
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Never heard a carrot scream?

No, you're an idiot. Plants do not have a CNS, which is responsible for the sensation of pain. You're a straight up dumbass if you think otherwise.

Quote by Nirvana6722
But, if the killing is quick and painless problem solved buddy.

But the killings at slaughterhouses are more often than not not quick and painless. Most animals also endure other pains in the process of being taken to slaughter (i.e. chickens getting their beaks clipped off).
Quote by Jett Diamond

+1000

i found out peta sucks a while ago.

penn and teller did an episode on them on their show bull****.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by amason51
late

Dammit!

I didn't look beyond the first post when I said that.

And I didn't steal it from anywhere, I made it up.

Can't think up anything new anymore lol.

Quote by Nirvana6722
that is so sigged!

Thanks.

Yet I'm still not in your sig...
Page 1 of 2