Currently, I have a bassist who is younger than me by two years. My other bandmates have recommended another bassist who is our age, but I've never met him. I'm curious about this new bassist, but I'm worried that if I choose to remove the young one from our band, he'll get his feelings hurt. So, the vox and I got together and decided that we would be like Slipknot: add more people...I thought about natural selection and figured that one would outplay the other. Any ideas?
Don't make any calls until you hear the new guy...jam with him and then compare them based on skill level, maturity and what they can bring to the band. The younger guy might still be the better choice...
Although two bassists would be awesome, two lead guitarists for twin solos are better.
Quote by captainsix
Currently, I have a bassist who is younger than me by two years. My other bandmates have recommended another bassist who is our age, but I've never met him. I'm curious about this new bassist, but I'm worried that if I choose to remove the young one from our band, he'll get his feelings hurt. So, the vox and I got together and decided that we would be like Slipknot: add more people...I thought about natural selection and figured that one would outplay the other. Any ideas?

no two basses. hell still have his feelings hurt in the process. its a bad idea, just keep your current bass player.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

like its been said before jam with the new guy if hes better then snatch him up and boot the other guy. but let him down gently tell him you feel like the band is goin in a different direction, dont be cruel you might need him again someday. also just because the older guy is technically better (if he is) doesnt mean he is the better choice. ask yourself questions such as: can i get along with this guy for long periods of time? is he mature? can he add anything new to the band? can i depend on him? etc etc

good luck but def. try him out you might miss out on something great if you dont
i've been in a band with 2 bassists. unless they have VERY unique playing styles and sound, it's gona be one big mess. if you got to let him go, let him go.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Jeez man, hear the other guy before you go kicking people out. Common sense, use it.
its soo hard to put two bassists in one band, and it sounds terrible unless one is under heavy effects, and thats just complicated. pick the better choice, for the band,
Quote by captainsix

You never want to be like slipknot. Be careful what you wish for tho. Just because he's younger doesn't mean your current guy isn't what you need. You should make decisions for musical reasons or because people don't get along. Don't change for what you will think will be better.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.