Hey guys, I've been recording and making music with my Line6 Pod XT LIVE, using software such as FL 8, Guitar Tracks Pro 3 and Sonar, and for my POD I use GEARBOX.
So aside from all this, I'm always putting up with buzz among other things. After recording with it for roughly 3 years or so now, I really want to move up to a more Studio sound recording. I'm more than happy with everything I have exept my POD. I
m just not getting that crisp sound I want, in all genres. Metal tones, clean tones, crunch tones..ect.. So for X-mas I'm looking for that step up.

I've come across M-Audio MobilePre USB Portable Audio Interface and M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio...185-i1126084.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio...776-i1154077.gc

Few things I want to know. I really REALLY want to start using my Guitar Rig 3 software because of the sound, effects and overall quality it has. ( I didn't want the whole pedal board that was also offered).

I want to know, because I have no experience in Audio-interfaces and i've read only so much info on it last night getting an idea for them.
Would I basicly just, setup, plug my guitar into into one of the inputs, open guitar rig, route it to my auido interface and be able to get the tones GR3 offers, then also be able to record with it in either Sonar or Guitar Tracks Pro 3, with little to no latency and great sound quality?

I know its a wall-o-text to read, but I needed to explain in as much detail as possible because I really want to upgrade to something much better.
I have the FTP and it's pretty good, but I have had some issues with it, even now I still do. For example, when i'm watching a film or even when i'm recording the sound randomly drops out. I need to close the program i'm using and restart the FTP to get sound back. It's really annoying.

Other than that though it's a great little interface, the quality is great. (clips on my profile weren't recorded with the FTP by the way, I hope to have some better songs up soon) I get next to zero latency with it aswell even though it's only USB1.1.

And yes, for the FTP you just need to plug in, choose the inputs on the software and hit record. I wouldn't recommend GR3 for distortion if you plan on using it, the amps aren't very good, I mainly use it for the effects. I use Amplitube2 for my distortion.

Anything else you wanna know about the FTP just ask.
I assume those interfaces are an indication of your budget? The problem with those is that they are both USB 1.1 connection, if I'm not mistaken, which is slower than 2.0 and may result in more noticeable latency. I would say spend a little more, if you can, and go with a 2.0 unit such as EMU 0404 or a Firewire unit such as Mackie Onyx Satellite (XP only) or Presonus Inspire, both of which are very good for the price.
There is poetry in despair.
Well you can save some money by getting the new NI Guitar Rig interface/software kit or you could just go with a stand alone interface and get Guitar Rig 3 on its own. It will cost a little more this way though.

Interfaces I suggest looking into:
EMU 0202
EMU 0404
PreSonus Inspire
Mackie Onyx satellite (not for vista, find it on ebay)

M-audio is great, (even more so for vista users) but the interfaces you are looking at are a 1.1 USB connection and so you will get some latency.

Would I basicly just, setup, plug my guitar into into one of the inputs, open guitar rig, route it to my auido interface and be able to get the tones GR3 offers, then also be able to record with it in either Sonar or Guitar Tracks Pro 3, with little to no latency and great sound quality?

yea that pretty much sums it all up.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 19, 2008,
I've not seen any reviews on that product yet but never really searched. I still think a PreSonus Firebox would be better....but its a firewire connection so make sure you have that port on your computer. It's also $50 more than that NI interface.

Try looking up some reviews at the studio central board.

Edit, to the post below:
my bad, I didn't even realize he had all that software...must have just skimmed the post quickly as I was doing other things at the time. Yea normally I dont help members with advice when I think they have downloaded software.

I'm done with this thread.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 19, 2008,
The guys a F'n pirate...has all that software and no interface?..please stop helping this tool!
Quote by PsychomanZ
The guys a F'n pirate...has all that software and no interface?..please stop helping this tool!

Ignorance .

No I've bought my software, and I'm not getting into an argument on the wheres/how. Its legit. Mind you, you can buy software alone and hardware elsewhere. I've been recording with my Line 6 POD XT LIVE, so I haven't needed an Audio Interface, but I'm seeing the great advantages of them, and that's what this thread is for.
i doubt it.
Someone who spends nearly $800 on software would have a clue on what they need or dont need.And they would already have the interface before most of the software.
So go peddle your answer to someone who "might" believe you.
I can barely here you from all the way up there on that horse.
there ya go....fridge_raider seems to believe you!

Ive earned and bought and paid for all my belongings on my own.
I rarely ask for help and research and learn things on my own, because if i shelled out that much money for the things i bought,well by god, im gonna learn how to use it.
Not steal something then come to internet forums to learn how to use them...if that makes me up on a" high horse" well goddamn,the view is lovely from up here.
This place never cease's to amaze me.
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Dec 19, 2008,
Hehe, sorry TS, but I don't believe you either. I just don't consider it any of my business how people on here acquire their goods. I'll help anyone if they ask politely. The world of recording is a difficult thing to learn.