yeah like i know the ramons use a lot of 145 chords so what do awesome heavy death metal bands use
.. 145? You mean power chords. That's the first tone, fifth, and the octave.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
.. 145? You mean power chords. That's the first tone, fifth, and the octave.

no no he means like a 1-4-5 progressions.
like in the key of C that would be C - F - G.

to TS, idk about metal, they use ALOT of minor keys so just try around
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
145 is using root on first, then fourth, then fifth. in this case power chords are used on all of them, i guess. i'm not sure on the death metal thing, though, i haven't listened to it in a while.
don't they just use a lot of chromatics?
EDIT: well, not just chromatics, but a lot of them.
Quote by Halakar

wats a chromatic

im a mega noobie so yea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakar

wats a chromatic

im a mega noobie so yea

chromatics-continual half steps, or one-fret differences. a chromatic scale is 11 different notes plus the octave of the first note.
Umm...
No offence to your skill or anything, but you should learn some more terminology
and maybe learn to play better.
It sounds like you're too inexperienced to be making songs yet, but, then again, I don't know you.

Just a suggestion.

-BoM
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

probably more power chords, although that's a rock thing more than death metal, I haven't played much of it but it's probably hard to palm mute 6 strings?
Believe it or not but Major chords sound just as dark and dissonant as Minor chords, when used in the right context, experiment with them both. Opeth do this alot.

I'm not sure what most death metal bands use, but they play single note stuff alot, just really fast. Nile use an Egyptian scale, it's sounds really good I find, especially for solos.

At the end of the day though there isn't a set scale or chord progression for death metal, or any other style of music, just play what sounds good to your ears.