Poll: Can you un-like music that you used to like?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you un-like music that you used to like?
Yes
276 88%
No
38 12%
Voters: 314.
Page 1 of 4
I'm not sure if there was a poll about this before but everyone always talks about their "progression" form bubblegum pop to death metal. (Or in some cases from metal to reggae/psychedelic rock)

And they claim that they only liked Linkin Park, blink-182, Limp Bizkit, etc. when they were "like 12".

The thing with me is I can never un-like music once I like it. Even though I listen to some thrash and stuff now I still can enjoy listening to pop rap, pop rock, even the boy bands from the 90's (although I don't really ever willingly listen to that )

So are there any bands that you used to like but still enjoy listening to or do you just "move on" once you start listening to heavier (or just different) genres?
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Last edited by vartanspartan at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Oh, hello.
I loved Coheed.

Now I'm Coheed-ed out.

Yes.

lol I'm actually just getting into Coheed right now
Quote by Trowzaa
I still like BSB and NSync. I truly don't like bands like Slayer or Led Zeppelin or Sabbath or stuff like that anymore even though I used to listen to that all the time.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yes, when I was a wee lad I listened to alot of metal, now I'm really more about rock/classic rock/prog rock/acid rock whatever you want to call it.

I also listen to Reggae now for some reason.
I think so yeah.
But for some reason I can't bring up any specific examples from my own musical history.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Dog--
Yes, when I was a wee lad I listened to alot of metal, now I'm really more about rock/classic rock/prog rock/acid rock whatever you want to call it.

I also listen to Reggae now for some reason.

does this reason involve meeting a girl named mary?
Quote by Trowzaa
I used to like Nickelback.

If I could go back and talk to little-me, I would slap that bitch.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
@vartanspartan - wow lol. That's actually funny, seriously, now that I connect the dots..
There are certain bands I used to listen to that I still like. I think what it is for me is that as my taste matures the things I listen to regularly become the new norm, so when I compare what I listen to now (Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, etc.) to what I used to listen to (Korn, Deftones, Slipknot, etc.) I find that what I used to listen to lacks the musical depth of what I listen to now. I mean, Chino Moreno's voice gets worse every time I hear it and Corey Taylor has just hit rock bottom, but in reality neither of them sound any different than they did back when I liked them.
I really like blink 182, Greenday, and stuff like that...
I started out liking them...
but in between, I listened to a lot of Hardcore stuff...
now, I hardly ever listen to hardcore music
cept a little underoath and Greely Estates
Quote by Fried Cheese
Yea. I used to like Linkin Park, now not so much anymore.

Is that how it is in penis land? lol

but seriously.. i like linkin park now more than when i was in middle school... i used to just listen to their singles like everyone else (in the end, one step closer, etc.) but now i actually listen to all their music, even their heavier underground stuff and i really respect all of it... some of their lyrics are a little emo but some of it is really good and poetic. and their complexity lies more in production and in how their sound comes together than in any particular instrument. so yea..... there's my defense of linkin park.
Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by vartanspartan at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Oh, hello.
I loved Coheed.

Now I'm Coheed-ed out.

Yes.

this saddens me

but anyway, yeah, i believe so.
Child of the Fence and Guitar n00b.
I still know half the words to some of the backstreet boys and nsync songs, if that's what you mean.

But seriously

I was into hip hop way before metal, then I went into a metal kinda phase, but right now as I'm typing this, I'm listening to Lil Flip. I haven't ever stopped liking a certain type of music. I don't replace the old with the new, I just let it pile up.
Quote by jetfuel495
I still know half the words to some of the backstreet boys and nsync songs, if that's what you mean.

But seriously

I was into hip hop way before metal, then I went into a metal kinda phase, but right now as I'm typing this, I'm listening to Lil Flip. I haven't ever stopped liking a certain type of music. I don't replace the old with the new, I just let it pile up.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

me too.....
Quote by Trowzaa
I stop liking bands not genres. I stopped liking bands like Linkin Park and Green Day when I couldn't relate to the lyrics anymore. I still like the music, but I can't take their message seriously, and it kinda kills it for me.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Some musci that I used to love I stopped liking because I associated it with some unpleasant events. other music, I just got bored with.

I used to listen to certain music when I was 12 because I thought it was cool, but as I got older, I realised it acutally wasn't.
XIAOXI
jetfuel! THE ****! I wanted my OWN little box in there, not some.. some.. NAME.

I hate this place!
Quote by Leperaffinity01
No. I have and always will love Will Smith.

Big Willy style fo' life!
*proceeds to get jiggy wit it.*

my grandpa knows will's grandpa!

wowee!
i used to like green day now i never listen to them and find them aNNOYING
I seemed to have grown out of the phase that everyone here is in. I used to like opeth and porcupine tree and dream theater but I grew out of it and realized it was a lot of pretentious garbage.
Quote by jetfuel495
It's tearin up my heart when I'm with you...
But when we are apart I feel it too...

FINISH IT!

and no matter what i do i feel the pain*
with or without you

dun dun du du dun

*if n'sync were around now they'd be labeled emo.. along with the jonas brothers.
Quote by Trowzaa
Jonas brothers arent emo! they have their own genre, the "Omg we suck so bad" genre. also with them, are Nsync, Britney Spears, and Christina howeverthehellherlastnameisspelt
Quote by Dilpickle1
Jonas brothers arent emo! they have their own genre, the "Omg we suck so bad" genre. also with them, are Nsync, Britney Spears, and Christina howeverthehellherlastnameisspelt

You forgot the backstreet boys
"All you people cant you see cant you see
how your loves affecting our reality..."

ill stop now
Quote by Dilpickle1

Jonas brothers are post-boy band... but the media labels them as emo. wtf... that's even an insult to emo.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Dilpickle1

really? christina aguilera has a ****in great voice dude... its not faked either mang. otherwise... well i cant say, ive never listened to any of them.

and to stay relevant... i dont really un-like music, i just stop listening to it. if it comes on ill listen to and enjoy it, and sometimes i just choose particular songs that i liked more than the rest and keep those on my ipod :P
Last edited by Divided_Eye at Dec 19, 2008,
The Beatles used to be my favourite band when I was 8, I can't bear listening to them anymore.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I used to love Limp Bizkit.

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
pantera, metallica, jet, linkin park, tupac, NWA, beatles!

and who didn't listen to europop as a kid?
Quote by Dilpickle1

Christina Aguilera is probably more musical in note than you will be in your entire life.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i kind of go back and forth between stuff i like, stuff i used to like and stuff i just discovered
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
Page 1 of 4