Page 1 of 2
Is it a damn myth?

I started to think about it several months ago, since I started college... When tests come around I try to find anything that can keep me awake at night to study, but I have failed. What I've tried the most is caffeine, taken in many different ways.

About 3 or more cups of coffee, a lot of coke, and different brands of energy drinks. NONE of them work for me at all. Is it just me or does caffeine suck?
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
it works for a while and then you crash harder than you would have without it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Caffeine works for some people and some people it really doesnt like me I could drink 3 energy drinks and still be tired after an all nighter
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
some people just aren't affected by caffeine. either that or you just developed a massive tolerance without even realizing it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
You' ve probably just built up resistance to it from using it to much.

Getting enough sleep is more beneficial then cramming in lots of studying. Sleep activates the learning part of the brain. lack of sleep inhibits learning and memory.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
You could try medicine caffeine in pill form, they're cheap, ~$5 for 100 pills, each have 100mg of caffeine. A can of Red Bull has ~80mg.

That's what got me trough working double shifts for a while.

They're sold prescription-free at pharmacies.
Caffeine sucks.
Oh Yeah!

Quote by NoochiePoochie
Thats what the pit will do to you. Make you happy and shit.

Quote by Jimmer1720
..., but hey, people in the pit are generally....well....hell, they're not people. They're savage animals.
Quote by vartanspartan
some people just aren't affected by caffeine. either that or you just developed a massive tolerance without even realizing it.

lol. That just got me thinking. I'm a heavy coke drinker, maybe that has something to do with it
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by Oh, hello.
You're doing it wrong.

EXACTLY

IV'ing caffeine is where it's at.
Quote by Trowzaa
I never drink coffee and caffeine affects me greatly. If I take a 200mg caffeine pill before a workout I sweat bullets before I even begin. Needless to say, the results in the gym are intense. I feel like I can flip the whole damn building over.

tl/dr Caffeine is definitely not a myth.
It doesn't work properly unless you snort it.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by Skin the Sun
It doesn't work properly unless you snort it.

like i said, IV is what the cool kids are doing these days
Quote by Trowzaa
Caffiene is not a myth
I'm addicted to the stuff. How happy I am generally depends on how much caffiene I've had in the day.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Chaos Nil
Cocaine is my suggestion... if it were legal...

it is...
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Caffeine works for some people and some people it really doesnt like me I could drink 3 energy drinks and still be tired after an all nighter

+1
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Svennz
Is it a damn myth?

I started to think about it several months ago, since I started college... When tests come around I try to find anything that can keep me awake at night to study, but I have failed. What I've tried the most is caffeine, taken in many different ways.

About 3 or more cups of coffee, a lot of coke, and different brands of energy drinks. NONE of them work for me at all. Is it just me or does caffeine suck?

its you. you have a high tolerance, lay off it for a month or two then itll have an effect. also dont forget that after taking so much will start to have the reverse effect.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Caffeine is just a placebo, duh. A figment of your imagination.

Cocaine is what you need.

?
I find caffeine itself doesn't do a whole lot for me. Guarana laden energy drinks do the trick though.
What I find interesting is caffeine's effect on people with ADHD. It actually helps us focus, but doesn't really provide any energy or wakefulness at all. There's really not a crash either, unless you drink mountain dew or something and have a sugar crash.
Nope, no sig here.
You could always try stealing energy. Young children are great candidates for this as they are full of it and they mostly waist it anyway so no real harm will be done. Start hanging out at playgrounds.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
caffeine doesn't really do anything for me. probably because i have it so often. i've built up a tolerance.
I don't really like caffeine's effects. It usually just makes me irritable. Try and get your hands on some Adderall.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
You also have to take into account that you've been exposed and taking in various forms of caffeine most of your life probably. It's effects would be alot stronger on someone who has never had any before.
Pedobear.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Sprinkle cocaine on your shredies.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by Froboarder
Pedobear.

Doesn't pedobear put kids to sleep? Y'know, before the rape and everything.

I drink enough coffee to make a dead person jump, but it doesn't really affect me anymore because I've been drinking it for about 10 years. The taste is still good though.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
Doesn't pedobear put kids to sleep? Y'know, before the rape and everything.

I drink enough coffee to make a dead person jump, but it doesn't really affect me anymore because I've been drinking it for about 10 years. The taste is still good though.

It's only a one-time effect. Afterwards they can't sleep, so it's win-win.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I have never ever felt a buzz off of caffiene.

I drink about 5-6 cups of tea a day as well as the odd coffee.

I just love warm drinks.
Quote by Froboarder
It's only a one-time effect. Afterwards they can't sleep, so it's win-win.

Can't sleep...bear will put his pen0r in my pooper...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I find that Caffiene differes on different bodies.

With me I find that it doesnt really make much effect, it doesnt wake me up or anything, I still feel tired as hell...but if I have alot of it it keeps up even though im dead tired. Also it upsets my stomach abit.
dont drink soda or anything caffeine based for a month. your tolerance should be weaker.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
dont drink soda or anything caffeine based for a month. your tolerance should be weaker.

Is such a thing possible?
Nope, no sig here.
Page 1 of 2