hey guys, i was just curious to find what settings you all use on your high gain amps (peavey, marshalls, etc.)

i use a genz benz el diablo 100. i am trying to find a good tone, (other than the basics that came with the amp manual).

how do you guys turn up your high gain amps? (from tube contour, to gain, to attack to hi/low/treble/reverb)

and of course if you DO use the same amp as me, let me know what kind of settings you mess around with.

i'm playing in a punk band btw.

thanks, everyone's input means a lot
Last edited by Califorever at Dec 19, 2008,
Iv got a small Marshall, settings I use... Gain- 10, Bass- 10, Contour- 1, Treble- 8, and i like a little bit of reverb in there too.

That gives me quite a good sound, considering its a small amp and im only using the stock distortion.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
i must say, i'm not really sure how the attack and the tube contour work. i tried toggling them to see if there's any difference in sound but i can't seem to hear it.

can someone help me out here?
yes this is my first tube amp - it's a nice sound to me but just wanna learn more about it.
I've got an Ashdown Fallen Angel - my settings are Gain: around 7-8, Bass: 4, Mid: 5, Treble: 8, Reverb: 2

I also have a crappy Dan Electro OD that I use as a boost and to tighten things up a bit... its soon being replaced though
Quote by farquarl
Iv got a small Marshall, settings I use... Gain- 10, Bass- 10, Contour- 1, Treble- 8, and i like a little bit of reverb in there too.

That gives me quite a good sound, considering its a small amp and im only using the stock distortion.

Since when has an MG been considered a high-gain amp, let alone a good sounding one?

The settings on my 6505 are
PreGain-7
Bass-6
Mids-4
Treble-7
Reverb-4.5

Boost the mids a little to get a bigger bite.