Okay, so I keep getting these damned pop-ups, so I ran a spy-sweep on my computer, and it revealed the source to be this:

http://research.spysweeper.com/search.php?serialnumber=vm103&lang=en&loc=USA&category=Adware&rc=1120

So, I quaranteened the adware with the spysweeper, but the little ****er keeps coming back, and it's beginning to piss me off.

Does anybody know how to deal with this?

And I don't expect to get any serious answers, although it would be nice.
Also, if there is already a thread for stuff like this, I didn't realize that, and I am sorry.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by happytimeharry
What browser are you using? Also, try running another sweep with Ad-Aware.

I'm in IE version 6.0...a little behind the times.

I'm pretty sure its from something my brother downloaded, but I'll run that scan and see what comes up.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
I'm in IE version 6.0...a little behind the times.

Try using Firefox with Ad Block Plus. If it doesn't fix your pop-up problem at the very least you'd be using a browser that doesn't suck.
Quote by happytimeharry
Try using Firefox with Ad Block Plus. If it doesn't fix your pop-up problem at the very least you'd be using a browser that doesn't suck.

I've tried using Firefox. It's an amazing browser, but it's slow as **** on my computer.
It's amazing on my computer at school though.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Alright...so Ad-Aware found nothing, yet, my Spy-Sweeper says it's still there, and I'm still getting these pesky pop-ups.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Try downloading AVG...

Do a full scan, and make sure you scan the files that contain your anti-spy/adware programs...stuff tends to hide in those and confuse the programs...also in the system32 folder but AVG usually finds that right away.
Quote by TGFMusic
Try downloading AVG...

Do a full scan, and make sure you scan the files that contain your anti-spy/adware programs...stuff tends to hide in those and confuse the programs...also in the system32 folder but AVG usually finds that right away.

^ This.

Virtumonde is an absolute pain to get rid of - Adaware and Spybot reverse some of it's effects, but Virtumonde undoes them.

This might help:

AVG Free Forum