Hy all, i got a simple question.
I want to buy a new guitar....an Epiphone Les Paul....but my country.....is out of stock(hard to believe...country)...and export is excluded because the shipping is terrible.
And i thought of an Ibanez....or Schecter....
So...I don't like...trash, heavy metal and stuff...<<the hard ones.
I don't know my genre but I love....Blink 182, AFI, and some japanese pop/rock stuff.
My question.....is there any Ibanez or Schecter model that is not for heavy metal and stuff....?...something for my taste...like the music that i listen above.
From 400$ and up...
There was the Ibanez iceman...a really cool guitar....but it's for trash and heavy...
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Wait out till you "country" decides to stock some new Les Pauls. OR get a Gibson
BTW! What country ARE you in?
Quote by beetroot10
i went out with a chubby girl once she kept asking me if she could eat my mars bar
Go play a couple of guitars, for that kind of music I suggest something with humbuckers but you actually can play that kind of music with every guitar. Tom Delonge played a strat first and a Gibson later.
Actually...how about...something...with a humbucker...and...maybe...maybe...2...single...coils...just kidding. =P
Maybe a Gretsch? Or an imitation.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
dude u can play anything on an ibanez

get one they are good

maybe try an S series model or SA

or even a SZ
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by Froboarder
Actually...how about...something...with a humbucker...and...maybe...maybe...2...single...coils...just kidding. =P
Maybe a Gretsch? Or an imitation.

Yes or HSH is a possibility too. Just go to your nearest guitarshop and try some guitars, decide what you like best.
I'm from Romania...
Here it's Ibanez and Jackson and Fender wonderland ))))
Tom is my Idol and btw....thinking of a stratocaster, i saw a new 2009 model...
Don't know wich to chose ....
Aaa, forgot to say, I'm a newbie :P.....my first guitar ....
I have 3 choices:
A Fender Strat.
Ibanez ICT700 Iceman
and ...Ibanez RGT42DX
or this lol....Ibanez S520EX
actualy 4 choiches
p.S ...was thinking of a Schecter Damien 6 but I don't find it either in my country ))
Am I doomed?....
Last edited by Bacterie at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Bacterie
I'm from Romania...
Here it's Ibanez and Jackson and Fender wonderland ))))
Tom is my Idol and btw....thinking of a stratocaster, i saw a new 2009 model...
Don't know wich to chose ....
Aaa, forgot to say, I'm a newbie :P.....my first guitar ....
I have 3 choices:
A Fender Strat.
Ibanez ICT700 Iceman
and ...Ibanez RGT42DX
or this lol....Ibanez S520EX
actualy 4 choiches
p.S ...was thinking of a Schecter Damien 6 but I don't find it either in my country ))
Am I doomed?....
Get the Iceman.
TBQH guitars aren't "for" a certain genre, there are guitars more suited for certain sounds but its all up to the player really.

I can get a nice Machine Head tone from a 150 dollar SX with singlecoils and a 15W practice amp, and from the same setup a good blues/satriani tone.

Just get the guitar that FEELS right for you, that'll always be the best one.
Quote by Zyzzvya
TBQH guitars aren't "for" a certain genre, there are guitars more suited for certain sounds but its all up to the player really.

I can get a nice Machine Head tone from a 150 dollar SX with singlecoils and a 15W practice amp, and from the same setup a good blues/satriani tone.

Just get the guitar that FEELS right for you, that'll always be the best one.

+1

You can get just about any style of music out of the guitars you listed with a little tweaking.
Well, it dosen't really matter what guitar you have, you can play any style really with any guitar, to get a better sound for your style, just swap pickups. I'd say buy an Ibanez RG350EX, HSH setup so its quite versatile.
if its your first guitar why are you getting something expensive?
you may not even like playing once you pay for a expensive guitar plus the expensive amp.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If you were considering a les paul and are interested in an ibanez, why not try a ART100 or 300? Do they have those where you are? The others are good too, I'm just throwing that out there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.