I'm not sure if there's even much guitar in it.. but the guitar tone in the song like in the parts where you don't hear any synth it still sounds pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iY4Tom6-wM

go to 1:02

that's the spot I'm talking about..

and at 2:15 you can hear just the guitar by itself.

but specifically the first time is what I'm talking about.

but how on earth do you get a sound like that..?

could I get that sound by combining the synth and guitar?
Quote by TechnicolorType
I'm not sure if there's even much guitar in it.. but the guitar tone in the song like in the parts where you don't hear any synth it still sounds pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iY4Tom6-wM

go to 1:02

that's the spot I'm talking about..

and at 2:15 you can hear just the guitar by itself.

but specifically the first time is what I'm talking about.

but how on earth do you get a sound like that..?

could I get that sound by combining the synth and guitar?

1:02 doesn't sound like guitar to me. The parts where it is guitar only have really nice tone, but it's nothing unusual.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I believe it's done by using the neck pickup.
Or maybe roll the tone back on your bridge...

Sounds like that to me.
The first part is guitar and violins/viola/cello if i'm not mistaken. Second part is just guitar with distortion and reverb. And yes, roll down your tone knob or use the neck pickup.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
The first part is guitar and violins/viola/cello if i'm not mistaken. Second part is just guitar with distortion and reverb. And yes, roll down your tone knob or use the neck pickup.

This

it's a doubling of instruments

The 2nd guitar part is definitely a bridge pickup. I wasn't to sure at first, but then I heard his runs which were definitely neck pickup and compared it to this part. It's maybe bridge + neck at most, but I definitely hear that "aaah" bridge sound as opposed to the "uohhh" of his neck pup.

It sound round because of the string section that plays in it's background.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I saw a Turkish flag at the top left corner at 1.05 why is it there... since im a turkish person i wondered why.
well first you have to be made from the ashes of the best metal band ever
Last edited by zigslip at Dec 19, 2008,
first time; use neck pickup, roll back tone to 0, roll volume back to 7 out of 10 if youre using the same kind of distortion setting as you do for the second guitar moment. For that, use bridge, full tone and volume, little delay/reverb maybe, 'in your face' picking style. God whats the word... I dont mean stacato but an aggressive way of playing it.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
alright thanks guys.

I figured the main sound of the first part was from the use of other instruments because I love how it sounds.