So I'm looking to replace some pickups on my guitars and I've been hearing some very good things about Bareknuckle and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on them.What kind of sound do they have? Are they organic and well balanced? Are the worth the rather large price tag?

I play a lot of prog metal and higher gain music so I was looking at the warpig in particular so any info on that one would be a lot of help.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i have some bareknuckle P91's. a slightly hot P90 and they sound fantastic.

they offer all sorts of pickups for all styles of music and they will custom wind some for you too... the best thing to do is email them with your styles and options and they will recommend some for you. they get back to you quickly and are polite and well informed.

it is usually tim who replies and he really knows his stuff. just go to the site and click the contact link.

dunc
Thank you please.
I already sent the an e-mail asking what would be the best combo to suit my style.The price makes me cringe but I want to at least try them once and get out of the normal duncan/dimarzio line up for my passives.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

if you are after some cheaper pickups i got a pair of rolling mills from iron gear pickups. they cost £25 each including delivery. they cant custom wind for you but they do have a range of pickups to choose from.

check out either axetec.co.uk or search for iron gear pickups. keith there knows his stuff too.

you dont have to go for boutique or the old faithful (heinz/nike/coca cola) seymour duncans/dimarzios to get a fab tone.

another thought is check out courderoyEW here at UG. his site rockmonkey pickups do custom jobs and i believe they knock 10% off for UG'ers.

dunc
Thank you please.
A frind of mine built a "rusty" style guitar and went with the Nailbomb Rusty Nickel version.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_28&products_id=66

It sounds like something from out of this world , cleans come out cristal clear , and with distortion running trough a high end Marshall amp the sound is just incredible.
Your skills have to be on par with the pickup tough , they are quite sensitive , if you by accident make a small mistake while playing , it will be more easily heard.