So I'm looking to add another guitar to the gang and I've been looking around for an Ibanez and I stumbled on this.It's a 1996 (according to the seller) s470 with a SD screamin demon in the bridge.It's 315 which is doable for me so what do you guys think?

Note: Nobody come in and bash Ibanez or suggest other brands,I need actual Ibanez players opinions on this one .

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

+ points for the Screamin Demon
- points for the below par trem

= Average S series. I would pay more than 270-80.

Always haggle

Rolling_man
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by which ones pink
Eh, It's got a Lo-TRS trem, which is almost if not just as bad as the Edge III. I'd pass.

*Points at the note in the original post*

I'm well aware of what trem it has.I'm not big on using a whammy bar anyway,I just prefer double locking trems because to me they're very comfortable and it's nice to have the locking nut/bar option when I need it,so I'm not overly concerned about it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I love my ibanez,.. low action, the playability is just awesome,.. though mine's not an 'S' series, I can gurantee u'll love this guitar,..
Quote by Pr0gNut

I'm well aware of what trem it has.I'm not big on using a whammy bar anyway,I just prefer double locking trems because to me they're very comfortable and it's nice to have the locking nut/bar option when I need it,so I'm not overly concerned about it.

yeah and if the knife edges wear out then i think those are a direct replacement for an OFR but don't quote me on this as i'm not too sure about it.
Well i recently bought a used SA series, Brought it home and gave it a quick truss rod adjustment and some new strings, and i absolutely love it! I bought it for a good deal thinking i would resale it and make some money. But as it turns out i think its gonna get some new pickups and stay with me. Its a great little guitar. So anyway. I dont think i would pay that much for the guitar you are looking at. Around here the guy selling it would be lucky to get more than $225.00. I would make him a low ball offer.
Quote by Pr0gNut

I'm an Ibanez user (3/4 of my guitars are Ibanez), and I wasn't bashing them. I assumed that if you were buying a guitar with a trem, you'd be using it.

Anyway, if you're just gonna block the trem or whatever anyway, I say go for it.
for 315? SH*****T id go for it
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell