What guitars do you think has the best overall quality/build quality? Price is no object

IMO its gotta be prs or caparison, they look like butter.

What do you guys reckon?
Any USA Jackson.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
PRS
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Companies like Suhr, Tom Anderson, James Tyler, Waghorn etc all do standard models.

Probably them.
Caparison, Suhr, high end Ibanez guitars (atleast the old ones).
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Gibsons are expensive as shiot, are you just paying for the name with them?

Ive never played one before
Quote by MetalDiB

I played a Les Paul Custom and HATED it.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by blue_strat
Companies like Suhr, Tom Anderson, James Tyler, Waghorn etc all do standard models.

Probably them.

pretty much any of these guys might as well include Vigier, ESP and Caparison as well
Quote by MetalDiB

No they can be expensive but they kick ass.
Quote by awesomeness
I played a Les Paul Custom and HATED it.

Yes! Finally someone who agrees with me!

Yeah, Gibson Les Pauls suck.
Quote by JDZYX

Not all... you just have to watch out for the lemons.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by MetalDiB

lol speaking from experience obviously
Quote by JDZYX

Just because they dont appeal to you doesnt mean they suck. every LP i've ever played has been nothing short of masterful... So to use an age old quote: Everyone has an opinion, its just that yours is worthless.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

I personally love the Gibson SG's, but I hate the Les Paul's. So it's hit or miss with Gibson, and Epiphone is pretty much the same quality at a cheaper price.

Other than that, Schecter and PRS both make great guitars IMO.
I am a huge Gibson fan but their quality is hit or miss at the best now. I think Epi is more consistant at this time. If this questions was asked years ago I would swear by Gibson being the best quality guitar on the market hands down.

I play just about every guitar I can get my hands on and IMHO Taylor makes the best production line guitar out there the quality is amazing the sound, feel and playability is amazing. Taylor always made one of the best acoustic guitars around and I was a little leary of the new electrics but they really did a great job of getting the same quality as thier acoustics in the electrics. I don't own one yet because I do think they are expensive but sooner or later I'll fine one used I'll grab just at the right price.

For guitars I own I think they are all of good quality otherwise I would resell them. Of course I have my Favs but it's hard to say which one of those are the best. Right now I love playing my new Gibson Explorer and it's climbing the charts as one of my all time favorites.

John
If we're not including custom builds, rare models, vintage models and so on and we're just talking about basic production models, I'd say Fender American series are the best quality you can buy. For a straight-off-the-shelf production line guitar, you can't fault them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Higher end Fender and Yamaha, and in general Musicman, Framus, Vigier and (even though they are horribly overpriced and) PRS.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but the idea that any of the current mass produced Epiphone or Schecter guitars compare to those is funny at best. We're not talking about the bang-for-buck ratio here, but about quality itlself.

Quote by MrFlibble
If we're not including custom builds, rare models, vintage models and so on and we're just talking about basic production models, I'd say Fender American series are the best quality you can buy. For a straight-off-the-shelf production line guitar, you can't fault them.

+1
I was disappointed with a couple of Strats a few years back and didn't think too highly of Standard Fenders, but the couple of '08 Strats and Teles I tried recently changed my mind. Very consistent quality, and cheap considering what you get for your money.

Quote by XxAltecxX
Buddy Blaze guitars are SWEET.

Never heard of those. Got a link?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 19, 2008,
Fender make great quality Strats/Teles but are quite expencive, you are mostly paying for the name like Gibsons.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Vigier, PRS, Caparison and Vox (the Virages, which are AMAZING). I don't count Fender MIA; they're excellent, but they don't compare to most "boutique" builders.

Anyone that argues Gibson in here doesn't know a thing about quality, or simply has managed to avoid the lemons thus far, an astounding feat considering that the lemons to good guitars ratio is something like 10:1. I'm not saying they're bad guitars by nature, because the good ones are fantastic, but quality control is seemingly nonexistent nowadays, although some of the very recently made ones impressed me a little. Maybe they're getting back on track.
Caparison, Ran, Vigiers, Fenders, and PRS.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory