This is just a random thought, but did you ever listen to your favorite album years after the first time you heard it and think back to the first time you heard it?
I am currently having a long debate over my favorite album between Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Insomnium's Above the Weeping World.
Now I am saying it is Iron Maiden.
The first time I heard this album I was just compelled by the fact that I actually owned it. The album cover, idea of the concept, and songs that I had heard before on the album were enough to make me cry. I listened to it over and over during a long car ride. When I listen to the album now I just get this weird feeling. I would think I would get tired of it after so long but it just continues to amaze me more and more. Seeing Maiden play Moonchild live made me go insane. It is hard to explain exactly what I am thinking, but how does listening to your favorite album make you feel?

Do you avoid it to not let it grow old?
Is it possible for it to grow old on you?

Discuss!
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
Franz Ferdinand's self titled was awesome back about 5 years ago.
In the past 2 years or so i've been getting into jazz, progressive and tech death and stuff.
I relistened to Franz Ferdinand's self titled a few weeks ago and thought it was boring and terrible...
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Muse - BHaR

In the car with my brother
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Mine would be alter bridge - One Day Remains (ODR).
I first heard it when I was doing a rock show on a local radio station, one of the other guys brought it along and suggested I play a couple of tracks, we ended up playing the whole thing and making it our "album of the day".

I still listen to some of the songs fairly regularly, but I go through stages anyways, so one day I will feel like listening to some rock and I might stick a couple of tracks from it on, but the next I might be more in a mood for trip-hop, or jazz, or classical, or blues etc... these stages can last for weeks so I never really let ODR get that old.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I don't have a favourite album, but usually if I listen to a song I don't like it the first time. I have to listen several times to like it.

I think that there is only one album that I liked at the fist listen: Tinnitus Sanctus by Edguy. I listened to it one month ago or so and I immediately liked it. And I continue to listen it because all songs are good. And no, I'm not tried of ANY album at all, even if I listen to it every day.
Quote by Tezza_Larks
Franz Ferdinand's self titled was awesome back about 5 years ago.
In the past 2 years or so i've been getting into jazz, progressive and tech death and stuff.
I relistened to Franz Ferdinand's self titled a few weeks ago and thought it was boring and terrible...

I know what you mean. My taste in music has changed a lot since I first heard Iron Maiden's album. Insomnium is a whole different world. I am mainly addicted to that album for the beautiful melodies. Anyone that likes melodic tunes can enjoy Insomnium even though they have death vocals.
I've yet to hear an album that I deem good enough to be my favourite.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Ride the Lightning by Metallica, Wish I could remember back then, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Dookie by Green Day.

Seriously, I fucking LOVE that album. I first heard it, 8 years ago maybe?

Still hasn't gotten old.
Fortress- Protest The Hero

They released it on their Myspace page and I almost cried great tears of joy.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by bloodycomfort
Ride the Lightning by Metallica, Wish I could remember back then, lol.

word brother , when i 13, just popped it in, and i changed as a person
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Appetite for Destruction. (Even though I'm only 20 ) Whenever I hear that album it takes me back to my early teens, getting drunk, smoking weed and having sex all for the first time, with none of the consequences of supposed "adulthood".

Although to be honest, whenever I hear any music it reminds of the time I first heard it, no matter what it is.
Quote by xXBlack_PickXx
word brother , when i 13, just popped it in, and i changed as a person

I wish I was alive when Metallica first came about. It seems like such a cool time. I am no fan of anything after their first 4 albums...
Fathers Day '05 I bought my dad "Sunrise Over Sea" by the John Butler Trio. I love that album. Or my mum's birthday in about '05 as well I heard "The Sound of White" by Missy Higgins.
I think you got hit by a massive wave of nostalgia.

Mine would have to be The Eminem Show
I used to love him, then i lost the album a few years ago.
Downloaded the songs again like a month ago... blew me away.
What I just said is a lie.
Quote by hownowbrowncow
I think you got hit by a massive wave of nostalgia.

Mine would have to be The Eminem Show
I used to love him, then i lost the album a few years ago.
Downloaded the songs again like a month ago... blew me away.

Well it is not like I WANT to feel the same feeling the first time I heard the album. I am just impressed that it still has a strong effect on me
Dreamin' In A Casket by Hardcore Superstar. I had pre-ordered it and got it the day it was released. I remember how it felt when I was hit by the thrashy riff in "Need No Company" after the ghost-like synths in the intro, it was just amazing (I had the volume up pretty high...). I have listened to the album almost every day since it was released in November 2007, and I'm not starting to get tired of it yet. I can't wait til they release their next album in June next year!
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I don't have a favorite but I do have a few favorites.
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd bored me to death when I first heard it. When I decided to listen to it again a few years after that, it instantly became one of my favorites. It hasn't gotten old so I'm guessing that's good.
I loved BSSM by RHCP the first time I heard it. The energy that was on the album amazed me. I sometimes wish I'd never listened to the album in the first place so I could pick it up and listen to it for the first time again. The first listen was the best but I still love it.
Led Zeppelin II and IV are two of my favorite Zeppelin albums but there really was no "first listen" because I'd heard over half of the songs on both albums before I actually bought them, so in that sense it was a let-down. When I first heard Zeppelin, however, I was blown away and I haven't stopped listening to them since *hides from Kensai*
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
My favorite album of all time has to be Erotic Cakes...listen to it over and over again, never, ever gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

Fives, one of my favorite songs off the album.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I was about 9 years old, getting obsessed with AC/DC. I had the Live album, bought High Voltage, and I think I just randomly bought Powerage. Freaking awesome CD.
UG's AC/DC Lover
almost done listening to above and beyond's "trance around the world 240"
best album ever. i have been listening for 3 hours.
EDIT: not really an album more of a compilation. thee is a free podcast on itunes of the trance around the world series. they are 2 hours each and there are around 20 of them. check them out if you are at all interested in trance
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Last edited by tkajr7 at Dec 19, 2008,
mine just came out last year. Alter Bridge's Blackbird. I listen to it constantly and it never gets old.
Current favourites would be Metallica - Master of Puppets, Machine Head - The Blackening, Cynic - Traced in Air and Lynyrd Skynyrd - (pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd)

First time I heard MoP, I heard all the songs individually, but when I heard it altogether I knew it was good, but after a while it really grew on me. Same with The Blackening.
First time I heard Traced in Air I listened to it on my iPod and didn't know where one song started and the other ended, and kind of got lost in it and thought "It's a lot softer than Focus and pretty damn short." but after seeing them played live the songs took on a life of their own ad gained a kind of ethereal quality, and now I am obsessed.
Lynyrd Skynyrd, well, they're just pure goddamn awesome. I Ain't the One, Tuesday's Gone, Simple Man and Freebird all on the same CD, you can't really go wrong.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I downloaded Loveless because I heard My Bloody Valentine was a good band and I wanted to check them out. The album blew my ****ing mind. I couldn't listen to anything else for 2 months. I didn't think music that good was possible. And it still sounds as amazing as when I first heard it.
I'll raise a preparatory flame shield *flame shield*

And say the first song I heard off "...And Justice for All" was One in GH3. Now it's probably my fifth fav off the album. That's a great f****** album.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
When Death Magnetic leaked on the internet and download it.

F*ck off Lars, I still bought it. (2 copies of the CD, actually, since one got stolen)
Oh and I bought the vinyl copy, too.
I dont have a favorite but, I'll listen to my fav. albums pretty much every day if not once a week.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
The first time i listened to Bone Palace Ballet by Chiodos I was blown away. Still am.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Master of Puppets like 4 years ago and opeth's blackwater park and still life 2 years ago
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮