Page 1 of 2
Well I have a gig coming up soon and I just need a bigger amp in general but I have a low budget. While I was surfing around I found this cheap one but I dont know if i should get it.Does anyone have any experience or info on this amp and if so can you please advise me?

Here's the link to is:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0661195/Trail/searchtext%3EACOUSTIC+SOLUTIONS.htm
dude, it all depends on what you want to play. If you play acoustic guitar stuff, then it might be allright. But if your into rock and whatnot, you might want to go with a real cheap fender or crate 50 watt. and depending how big your area is going to be that your playing, 50 might not be enough.
Quote by cazador
Well I have a gig coming up soon and I just need a bigger amp in general but I have a low budget. While I was surfing around I found this cheap one but I dont know if i should get it.Does anyone have any experience or info on this amp and if so can you please advise me?

Here's the link to is:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0661195/Trail/searchtext%3EACOUSTIC+SOLUTIONS.htm

That looks terrible
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
At least make sure you arent throwing what you spend down the tube. get something worth your money. maybe you could rent/borrow somethin for your gig?
Quote by vanklef92
dude, it all depends on what you want to play. If you play acoustic guitar stuff, then it might be allright. But if your into rock and whatnot, you might want to go with a real cheap fender or crate 50 watt. and depending how big your area is going to be that your playing, 50 might not be enough.

I want to play both, but I don't really use my amps own distortion .I use my pedal all the time.But I also want it to have a decent clean tone on it.Ya,it should be loud enough for the venue.Im just wondering if I is a decent amp or not.
Quote by kyshack
At least make sure you arent throwing what you spend down the tube. get something worth your money. maybe you could rent/borrow somethin for your gig?

I've tryed looking around,all the guitarist that i know are all posers and stuff.They dont have anything over 15 watt
If it's a few hundred spread out in a relatively small area, a 5w tube would probably be enough, but it's a tough call...

The amp you linked is probably crap, but if you're desperate (looks like you are) it should suit your needs temporarily

Good luck lol
Quote by HibyPrime
If it's a few hundred spread out in a relatively small area, a 5w tube would probably be enough, but it's a tough call...

The amp you linked is probably crap, but if you're desperate (looks like you are) it should suit your needs temporarily

Good luck lol

no,its a big enough area . If it wasn't i would have used my 10 watt buts that's definitely not a possibility.
The amp does look crap but I not really an amp person. I would use my pedals own distortion and just really need a decent clean.Im trying to find out if it has a decent clean so that i can use it for gigs in future
Unless you have some awesome pedals, you might wanna look around some second hand places, but if you do manage to get a loud amp with a nice tone cheap, it'll probs have lots of feedback.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I doubt it has decent anything to be honest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

can you rent an amp at a local store for a day?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
look man, it dont matter if you use pedals, just an amp with volume would be what you need, and for a venue with a couple hundred people and a full band, a 50 would DEFINATEly not be enough. Ur gonna need a hundred watta least, or cmon, a 75. You can get a cheap crate 75 that is old for 100$. Dont make the mistake of thinking its not going to matter. Take it from someone who plays with a band, a 100 watt almost doesn't cut it. Or look for a used amp...dont get that piece of garbage. Get something known for its well made quality. It will make all the difference.
Quote by vanklef92
look man, it dont matter if you use pedals, just an amp with volume would be what you need, and for a venue with a couple hundred people and a full band, a 50 would DEFINATEly not be enough. Ur gonna need a hundred watta least, or cmon, a 75. You can get a cheap crate 75 that is old for 100$. Dont make the mistake of thinking its not going to matter. Take it from someone who plays with a band, a 100 watt almost doesn't cut it. Or look for a used amp...dont get that piece of garbage. Get something known for its well made quality. It will make all the difference.

I don't use pedals apart from a distortion pedal cause I switch between clean and distortion a lot.I was planning on getting a decent amp as you say but the gig is in about 3 weeks and I have very little money at the moment with no one to borrow an amp from.Unless I can somehow find a really really cheap decent 100 watt I will probably have to get this amp my only other choice is to use my Marshall 10 watt which would definitely not work.I'm not looking for something special,i just need something decent.
How large is your budget?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
How large is your budget?

max about 100 euro. Thats about the very max
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=71117

Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose.

There's also this: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=71592 You won't find something loud and good for that price range but 60w for 100 pounds is pretty good, I guess.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Dec 19, 2008,
Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. But every is suggesting 20 watts and 30 watts.I need at least 50 watts for this place and the price has to be a max of 100 euro,even that's pushing it.I know I'm not going to get a decent loud amp for 100 euros but I'm desperate Thanks again for the suggestions.
Quote by cazador
Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. But every is suggesting 20 watts and 30 watts.I need at least 50 watts for this place and the price has to be a max of 100 euro,even that's pushing it.I know I'm not going to get a decent loud amp for 100 euros but I'm desperate Thanks again for the suggestions.

Tough then, you don't have enough money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Tough then, you don't have enough money.

ya,im pretty screwed for this gig,lol
would the venue have some amps of its own?
EDIT - or, can you buy an AB box of some kind and plug your guitar into another person's amp?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by cazador

You do not NEED 50 watts, a 5 watt tube amp MIGHT just do it. A 15 Watt tube amp will definitely do, but whether you can afford that is another question.

Tube amps are a LOT louder than their SS relatives.
Quote by JilaX^
You do not NEED 50 watts, a 5 watt tube amp MIGHT just do it. A 15 Watt tube amp will definitely do, but whether you can afford that is another question.

Tube amps are a LOT louder than their SS relatives.

Well last year someone tried using a 10 watt and you couldn't hear them what so ever.The place I'm playing in is a big kinda hall thing and the stage has really **** acoustics. If I could use a 10 watt I would use the one I have now but I know that I definitely need something louder
Quote by cazador
Well last year someone tried using a 10 watt and you couldn't hear them what so ever.The place I'm playing in is a big kinda hall thing and the stage has really **** acoustics. If I could use a 10 watt I would use the one I have now but I know that I definitely need something louder

DO YOU HAVE A TUBE AMP?

NO.

ARE TUBE AMPS INSANELY LOUDER THAN SS AMPS OF THE SAME SIZE?

YES.
Quote by vanklef92

100 watt's doesnt cut it? Jesus christ man, i've used loads of differen't amps in live situations, and a 30 watt valve is fine. i managed to play to 200+ people with a 50 watt solid state (annoying, but all the venue supplied )

100 watts = a LOT of people.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Is there a PA at the venue you could use a pedal through? If there is use that and save up for a decent amp.
Do NOT get an acoustic amp. 99% of the time they will have a crossover network with a low frequency woofer and a high frequency driver. Overdriven or distorted guitar sounds tend to sound like absolute crap through them unless you have HUGE amounts of headroom.

If your playing a gig that big is there not a PA you could mic in to?
Quote by JilaX^
DO YOU HAVE A TUBE AMP?

NO.

ARE TUBE AMPS INSANELY LOUDER THAN SS AMPS OF THE SAME SIZE?

YES.

But am I going to buy one.

No cause I know it wont work in the venue.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
Is there a PA at the venue you could use a pedal through? If there is use that and save up for a decent amp.

Na,im almost positive that there isn't any
UPDATE:

I decided to buy the amp today and it turned out quite good.Its clean is good plus it has a mic input also which is an added bonus.Thanks for everyone's help on the matter.
Why ask us and than don't listen to us anyway? And I tell you the tone sucks. It's only because your a noob that you say it sounds good. In a couple of month you will realize it sucks and than go emo and kill yourself.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Why ask us and than don't listen to us anyway? And I tell you the tone sucks. It's only because your a noob that you say it sounds good. In a couple of month you will realize it sucks and than go emo and kill yourself.

I did listen and no one actually played this amp so I just took a chance.No actually Im not really a noob (playin for 2 years) im just not as picky about tone as some people.If i like the sound of a amp i would like it regardless of brand
its from argos.

NO.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
In all fairness I used a Line 6 spider which I think was like 30watt, to clubs and pubs and it was fine honestly. don't take complete notice of the you need 100w at least, it's bull, anyway is the venue gonna mic up your amps?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Quote by cazador
I did listen and no one actually played this amp so I just took a chance.No actually Im not really a noob (playin for 2 years) im just not as picky about tone as some people.If i like the sound of a amp i would like it regardless of brand

Nobody has played this amp because nobody owns this amp because it's CRAP.

People like you who ask for advice and then ignore it when given really annoy me. Why ask in the first place?

I play small-medium gigs with a 6 watt valve amp, and I very rarely have problems.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
Nobody has played this amp because nobody owns this amp because it's CRAP.

People like you who ask for advice and then ignore it when given really annoy me. Why ask in the first place?

I play small-medium gigs with a 6 watt valve amp, and I very rarely have problems.

If I ignored everyones advise why have I kept replying?
As I say I did listen to peoples advise I made decision to get the amp.I asked if anyone had used it and no one had.The amps they were suggesting were to expensive and no the 6 watt tube probely wouldnt have done it,im hopeing my 50 will
Page 1 of 2