My guitar teacher says I need to relax whilst playing, because I'm too tense. I am, but how the hell am I suppsoed to relax?

I'm guessing I'm tense, because thats how I've been playing since I've started, so is there anyway I can relax?

I'm alright when playing rock and blues and stuff.
smoke weed, not to much you might get para
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Hmm well when im playing and im tense i just take 5 minutes out and then i start playing again, but i dont try to rush through the song, when i play and i relax i just think, im going to play this for the sound... becuase i love playing this song or whatever and i dont try to rush through it and get the timing perfect, if the timing is off a little i dont worry about it, i just try and catch up with it in a few bars and i just listen to the music that im playing.. it's hard to explain tbh.

If your playing fast, for example 16th's at 200bpm, dont worry about missing 1 or 2 notes out, just enjoy the music that your playing and add some feel to it... adding feeling and trying to listen to what im playing and sort of rolling with that relaxes me alot to be honest...

This might not have helped, but it's what i do.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
its not my mind thats tense, sorry I should have explaiend it better.

Its my arms, especially my picking hand.
Play because you feel like you want to and not because you feel like you have to.

Emotion ftw.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
People play me that I'm really stiff and tense when I play. Try to relax and make your movements more fluid. It really helps if you can get into the song.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Stretch before you practice. Stretch your arms, wrists, legs, anything...

Sometimes even relaxing in a more... sexual way helps too. Also, sit in a comfortable place such as a nice couch, bed, or a nice office chair or something.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–