Page 1 of 2
So I have my heart set on an olympic white american strat with a maple fretboard for christmas. My mom said we could dig deep this year, but a thousand bucks may be a little much and my dad keeps asking my why I need another guitar (My main is a Gibson SG). Any thoughts on how i can swing this?
Hug.

Always works.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Grow up.
███████████████████████████████████
What if you tell them that you'll pay 200-300 dollars of it?

Show your dad an AC/DC song, and say, "this is played with a Gibson SG." Then show him a Stevie Ray Vaughan song and say, "this is played with a Fender Strat." Granted, they both recorded it with lots of other stuff and very expensive amps and everything, it will show him the difference in the sound of both guitars, and could make him understand why you want the strat.
Get a Mexi strat instead?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Sell your SG
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Not sure about convincing parents as a duo. I'm more interested in convincing the mothers of various Pitmonkeys...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Plaeghdraeger
Sell your SG

That's a plan.

You don't really need that many guitars...

If you can afford them, then that's fine. But if you are trying to gfet your parents to buy another one for you, then it seems a bit excessive. Use the SG money to fund your new guitar.
What I just said is a lie.
Get a job and pay for it yourself.

imo trying to convince your parents you need them to buy you another guitar makes you look like a dick (and a spoilt kid)

Or sell your SG. You can only play one guitar at a time afterall.
If you want it that bad, get it yourself and don't scrounge off of your parents for a guitar.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Dude... asking your parents to buy you a $1k guitar when u already got a Gibson SG ...
Haven't you heard of the economic crisis ?:P

Sell your SG or get a part-time job like ppl suggested! ;-)
Yeah, that's what you want to do, pressure your parents into spending money they don't have. Hell, Who needs to eat anyway. Tell them to take it out of your college fund. Look around dude, That's one reason the U.S. is in the mess we're in right now, spending more than we have. Of course it's all relative, I just spent a bunch of money to see AC/DC last night, but it was MY money.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quote by austinb0309
So I have my heart set on an olympic white american strat with a maple fretboard for christmas. My mom said we could dig deep this year, but a thousand bucks may be a little much and my dad keeps asking my why I need another guitar (My main is a Gibson SG). Any thoughts on how i can swing this?

And us Pitmonkeys, working for our money to buy our guitars all this time, when all you'll ever need is mummy and daddy's funding... How silly of us
I don't want to sound like a jackass, but if you already have a Gibson SG, I don't see the point in making your parents pay for an american Strat. I think you should be grateful you have a Gibson and come up with the money for the american Strat yourself.

It's sort of like me asking for a new pair of ski's. I have Volkl's that cost over a grand and they're an all mountain ski and I am quite good at skiing. If I was to ask for a new pair of top mountain ski's, the ones that are better for powder snow, especially Volkls, my parents would be like "buy them yourself".
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Get a Highway One. They're American made, and the tone is unbelievable. They're $750
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Also, on topic:

I want an Atomic Reactor 112-50. I'm working to get all the money by myself (600 euros, minus 200 for selling my Cube).. And even now my parents are complaining. They say I already have an amp, I don't need a new one, and that I should save my money for later, especially with the crisis and all that.

I'm going to buy the amp anyway but I can't deny that they have a point somehow... And then you come in and complain how your parents won't buy you a $1k guitar?

*pear*
Pay half. Or just ask them to save the money, and you get the extra.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Learn the value of a hard earned buck junior !!!
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
You already have a guitar. Mine is ****ed and I haven't played it in 2 months.
YOU HAVEA GIBSON UFKCNIGT SG
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Y'know what? I have a fat old overdraft and I've had to sell most of my awesome stuff to fund my living expenses, and I'm a working musician! I've also had to get a part-time job just to fund my existence, and you're whinging that Mummy and Daddy won't get you a $1000 guitar?!

Deal with it and work for it.
Offer to go 50/50 with them on it. You already have a nice guitar so your parents really shouldn't need to put any money into a new one, but if you really want their help, 50/50 is the best approach.
Quote by Spamwise
Earn your own money and buy it?

this!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by happytimeharry
Offer to go 50/50 with them on it. You already have a nice guitar so your parents really shouldn't need to put any money into a new one, but if you really want their help, 50/50 is the best approach.

Sigur Rós! I just joined your group
Why would you want a strat rather than an SG?!
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Plaeghdraeger
Sell your SG

Yeh strats are much better
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by korinaflyingv
y'know, i was the first member in that group (besides you)
perhaps you should make me a mod or something *hints*

Well there really isn't a whole lot to mod, but if you want to feel the power then I will bestow it upon you.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Sigur Rós! I just joined your group

<.<

>.>

same here.

On topic.
TS, don't you think you're being selfish? Don't you think your parents might want something to give each other as well?
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Page 1 of 2